XXXXIX. bickerings

vanraj :

What do you expect to do post marriage?
Go into your bedroom and get started with business, right?
Yeah, me too.

Unless your wife and your whole family forces you to sit and play stupid games.

We were finally married.

YAY!

But that didn't do me any good yet, except the satisfaction of her wearing sindoor and mangalsutra again.

"Papa, come on na! Find the ring!", Toshu said.
It was the third round of the stupid 'find the ring in a tub full of milk'.

Imagine the amount of wastage of milk, but these new gen kids need everything to be dramatic.
Anupamaa couldn't help smiling as she pretended to search for the ring.
Both of us had won one round each.
In the second one she had forcefully handed me the ring for the sake of it.

I sighed.

"Papa if you lose this time also, you'll have to do what mummy says for the rest of your life.", Samar said.
I forced a fake smile.
"My dear son, even if I find it I'll have to do what she says. That's the unwritten rule of marriage.", I replied.
"Ah.. finally you've cracked the code to a happy life, dear pati parmeshwar.", Anupamaa said.

"Anupamaa Devi, to marry you I couldn't possibly remain a mere mortal.. had to become parmeshwar and all.", I said and she looked at me with a raised brow.

"Uff Samdhiji.. stop talking and work more."

That was Rakhi Dave.
More appropriately Naagin Rakhi Dave.

I wondered how on earth could Kinjal be her daughter.
I looked at her in annoyance.

"Samdhan ji, mind keeping shut?"

"Toshu ke Papa!", Anupamaa snapped at me, as I drew in a sharp breath.

"Mummy, Papa is no good, end this please.", Pakhi said in exasperation.
And Anupamaa instantly fished out the ring.

Told you, she was pretending.

"Loser! Loser! Papa is a loser!", Samar said, side hugging his mom in joy.
Yup, that's the Noble Prize for Peace.
Right there.

"Now.. we will—", Kavya was about to say when I snapped,
"Nope. Now we will get back to our room and go to sleep.", I stated loud and clear.

"Go to sleep? You sure?", Anupamaa asked with an amused smile, sitting before me like a queen.

"Obviously.", I said, obviously trying my level best to not give away my real intentions before a room full of people.

"Mr. Shah, I thought you could do better.", She said, having her fun.
This was my opportunity.
I bent across the small table,
"Mrs. Shah welcome to my world.", I said with my classic revenge smirk.

I watched her face flush immediately.
But she wasn't going to give up.

How could Anupamaa lose in a battle of words?
That would be against the laws of nature.

She bent over too.

"Mr. Husband when was I not a part of your world? For the last ten years, who has been the one with you in your world?", She replied with a 'i'm smarter always' smile.

I drew in a deep breath at the first word.

I was about to say something when Paritosh intervened.

"You guys really need to stop behaving like kids you know.."

"No, Toshu. Always remember. Never lose a battle of words before your wife, otherwise she'll keep lecturing you for the rest of your life.", I said as Anupamaa raised a brow.

"You mean I lecture?"

"Obviously. Ask Baa. One statement gone wrong a whole lecture of fifteen pages we have to hear. If that's not enough you start with you gyaan ke moti that we have to collect.. I can't lie you know.", I said, dusting the collar of my sherwani like the Prince of India.

Baa gestured to send me blessing from one side of the room.

Unfortunately my wife saw it.

"Ouch.", She said, narrowing her eyes.

"Now you go back to the bedroom and I'll come later—"

"What?! But why—"

"Because I said so.", She said sharply.

I sighed.

"I was joking..", I said in my defence, standing up.
"Some jokes are injurious to health, dear husband.", She said, standing up, dusting her saree.

"Arrey but—"

"Toshu, Samar, do the needful.", She said turning to leave with the "now you know who's the boss" smile.

Toshu and Samar nodded like her personal assistants while Pakhi giggled and Mrs. Dave pretended to not laugh out loud.
Kinjal sent me sympathy with a weak smile.

Toshu held my hand and almost pulled me out along with Samar.

"Toshu beta, I thought you were in my side.", I said as both of these boys took me like I was under arrest.

"Sorry Papa, but now Mummy has won that ring competition, which means she has more authority.. and I was always on the side with more authority.", he said without eye contact.

WOW!

anupamaa :

I finally decided to walk down to our bedroom out here.

Finally.

After showing off my new found authority over him.

I don't know what next level pleasure it gave me, but I loved forcing him to do things according to my wish. Make him wear my favourite colour, make him eat my favourite food,

And especially make him sing my favourite songs.

I drew in a deep breath.

I had no idea what he was doing all this while in the bedroom.
Probably singing kya se kya ho gaya..

Hehe.

I finally pushed the door open, to the shock of my life.

•••

The happiness of leaving this chapter here tho 😁😂

Also I somehow wanted these two bickering as husband wife for my dil ka sukoon.

- yeah next chapter is the concluding one.

50 chapters ya'all! 😎