XXXXIX. the perfect plan

vanraj:

I got off my car, finally.
It was seven in the evening.

"Listen, if she tries to do any hanky panky with you, just call me. I will show her Mathura Vrindawan with one slap.", My extremely possessive girlfriend said over the phone.

"Yes, of course, Maharani ji.", I said, feeling extremely elated.
"Good.", She said drawing in a deep breath.

"I have reached her house. I am going to hang up now. After its over I will call you back.", I said, settling my soft orange tuxedo.
After years I had bothered my life to use Rittika's favourite cologne.
And I didn't particularly like it anymore.

"Please be safe.", Anupamaa said softly.
"I am going to be perfectly on time for our dinner date, Maharani ji.", I said with a smile.
"Good. Otherwise I might extend the notice period to another three births, Gadhedo Shah.",She said.
I knew she was smiling to herself, while blushing.

"Ah.. a nice nickname.", I said, smiling away.
As strange as it was, I found myself accepting everything she said nowadays. Especially all the nicknames she gave me.

"Thank you.. now bye. All the best.", She said.
I nodded and said bye.

I walked down to the bungalow. It was lavish, something like I wanted to buy for myself.
The door was kept open.
I pushed open the door and walked in.

"Vanraj!", I heard her as she stepped out of a room.
I shut the door behind me.

She wore a red shiffon saree, with bold make up. Her hair left open.
The perfect setting to seduce a man.
I drew in a deep breath and forced a smile.

She walked down to me.
"You look so hot, today.", She said in a seductive whisper.

I awkwardly forced a smile.
She wrapped her arm around my neck and edged closer.
"Let's go in.", She said.

Only if Anupamaa gets to know you're going to complete your trip through Vrindavan and Mathura in no time.

I nodded, trying very hard to look normal.
Seduction was definitely an issue to handle.

She pulled me into the bedroom.

I liked the way she was instantly on business, no drama, no pointless conversations.
Nice.

She made me sit on the bed, sat on my lap. That was definitely her favourite position.
"So.. how have you been?", She asked.

I gulped.
I was feeling extremely nervous. This was nothing but uncomfortable.

"I—"

The main door opened.
Rittika immediately stood up, in annoyance.

"Who is it?", She asked.
"The audacity to bring another man in my house!", Amit screamed as he walked into the room.

I stood up.

I had noticed the CCTV camera while entering, and I knew full well, this guy was still pretty obsessed with Rittika and would definitely keep a watch.

Now it looked like both of them were not involved in this together, but either way, my plan was going to take course perfectly.

I took a step and stood exactly behind Rittika, slipping my phone out of my pocket, and sent a message.
Turning the recorder on, I sneakily kept it on the bed with the screen off.

"So what huh?! My dad paid for this house!", She shouted back at him.
He looked at me.
"How dare you?! I snatched your job and you still have the audacity to come here!", He shouted.

You snatched my wife's job. That's exactly why I am here.

He directly walked down to me. Rittika took a step aside.
She had paled three tones.

Amit grabbed the collar of my shirt.
"I guess you've forgotten what I can do.", He said softly.

How can I, old friend?

He pushed me back against the wall.
I could see the jealousy in his eyes. I had seen it pretty well on their wedding day.

I had just been there to sing 'tu pyaar hai kisi aur ka.. tujhe chahta koi aur hai' in my head and watch her go,
But this guy noticed me. And then he had legit thrown me on the ground and beat me up.

I was a nice good mumma's boy back then.
But today, I was here with purpose.

Amit punched me hard across the face.
The pain shot through, as I winced.
"Remembered?", He asked softly.

He yanked me by the collar and threw me across the floor. I fell hard on the carpeted floor.

"You know who I am?! I am a freaking don here! All those guns and missiles that go through the underworld market can get transported only after my approval! You dare to challenge me?!", He was almost shouting in pride.

Rittika just stood watching, like she had done on her wedding day.
I couldn't help but wonder, if Anupamaa was here, this Mister Don would be lying on the floor saying 'Didi maaf kar do'.

"Now, I am going to end your story!", He said pulling a drawer and taking out an unlicensed gun.

"That.. that is illegal.", I said in the most victim like voice possible.
"Obviously. But now you are going to die.. so if you have any last wishes. Say, maybe.", He said.

"You are under arrest."

I did not say this.
But the affect was pretty dramatic.

Amit stared behind me in shock.

Check mate.

Anupamaa would be extremely proud of her Gadhedo today.

•••

XD