XXXXVI. three magical words

10 YEARS LATER.

Ahmedabad, India.

anupamaa :

"Anupamaa!", I heard Baa from the drawing hall.
I wore a green saree with a red border. I somehow preferred wearing my saree collection in India.

The judgemental neighbours otherwise found ways to taunt me and Baa.
Huh! Look at her! She went to foreign and didn't even re marry Vanraj and is still saying in the same house! Shah Sadan has no sanskar whatsoever.

And Baa.

Ah.
Ever since we made our way back to India for short trips she had become overly loving and caring towards me.

As odd as it was, she made sure I did minimal house work.
I could tell it was her son who had made sure of it.
He'd very often give her sharp looks whenever she passed a morally wrong comment.

I stood in the kitchen.
Much to Baa's dismay.

"Anupamaa, if Vanraj found you here you know what a temper he'd throw. You please come out, Jhilmil and I will do the cooking.", She said, sounding all tensed.

My lips curved into a smile.
"Baa, calm down. I am here on my own will. Bapuji wanted to have some kheer so I am making it for him. Don't worry.", I said smiling.

"Fine. If Vanraj screams, you will manage him.", She said sighing.

I drew in a sharp breath.
Last night we had a pretty serious fight, I remembered him banging the door shut and storming out.
He hadn't shown his face since the morning.

Kavya had messaged me, that he was still behaving like an angry bird and screaming at his employees.

Last ten years had been pretty interesting.
My trip for three weeks had been a success.
And the International Dance Academy had achieved more appreciation and acclaim. Eventually, since there was no other person to formally be the owner, I became the owner.

Yes.
Your Anupamaa now owns the International Dance Academy.
Thank you.

As of Mister Temperamental Shah, his Boss was too fond of him. He had been promoted to the post of CEO of the whole company now. He won more than a couple of best CEO awards in the last few years.
Kavya had joined the company as his new Personal Assistant while Anirudh took over his post of Sales and Marketing Manager.

By the way, Anirudh and Kavya got married seven years back and had a daughter.
They were our closest family friends.

We were doing pretty well financially and had been doing wonderful romantically, until of course.

"No! This marriage is not happening! I am not letting it happen, Anupamaa!", He screamed.
Toshu, now grown up, stood looking down.
Samar and Pakhi glanced at each other nervously and then at their enraged father.

"Toshu is marrying Kinjal, not Rakhi Dave!", I shot back.
"Daughters are like their moms! And the mother, I swear, is the most obnoxious woman I have ever met!", He stated coldly.

He had, for no good reason, grown a moustache.
I had been so annoyed with him but he said, "Anu, I can't keep looking like a thirty year old while you look fifty."