I Clarissa

King's Landing – 122 AC

I have never been so glad that my husband is the Sworn Shield of the Crown Prince. Being a Sworn Shield to anyone, but especially to royalty, was a very dangerous job. He was constantely risking his life for someone else. I love and admire the queen and the princes... but I do not want to lose my husband either.

That's why I was so glad right now. Even if my husband was frustrated and angry.

"Your Majesty! I am a knight of the realm, I should be following you to war!" Harwin complained. "I used to be your Sworn Shield! I cannot allow you to go into battle without me covering your back!"

"Used to being the key word," the queen replied, bringing Harwin to a stop. "You are my son's Sworn Shield, the Crown Prince's. I gave you to him because I know I can trust you to protect him, just like you protected me." Her smile was soft and warm, filled with warmth that made my husband feel complete, as he always tells me. "You need to be here to protect him, and all of my children. If anything happens to me, he is next in line. He will need someone to trust to have his back."

"Why should you go to war? You are the queen now," Harwin complained, but I knew he would no longer fight her on her choice.

"Because I am queen that I need to go," Rhaenyra explained. "I need to show everyone that simply because I am a woman does not mean I am not someone they do not need to fear on the battlefield. Syrax and me Will show everyone what happens when you anger a dragon, with Fire and Blood."

"Yes, Your Majesty," we both bowed, leaving the room by the clear dismiss.

We then proceeded towards the Crown Prince's chambers in silence. There we found Jace with a troubled look on his face, one that should not be in a ten namedays boy.

"Congratulations, Your Highness," I smiled, trying to alivate his worries. "Your first solo dragon ride."

"Just in time to watch my parents go to war," Jace sulked.

"The queen and king are great warriors, they claimed the Stepstones and will return victorious from this rebellion," Harwin assured him.

"You can't promise me that," Jace sighed, no child should sigh like that. The weight of the eldest. "If anything happens to them I am to be the next king... I am going to be in charge while they are away. I need to protect my brothers."

"The Mother Queen will be there for you, to guide you," I reminded him gently. "Harwin will be there to protect the princes with you. The queen's ladies in waiting will aid in anything they can, as they won't be able to follow Her Grace to war."

"But it won't be the same," Jacaerys grumbled. "Muña and kepa will be gone, faraway... and I will be here. My brothers will be here, waiting for them to return."

"And they will return," Harwin knelt down in front of him. "Oh, my prince," Harwin hugged Jace as he threw himself into his arms, sobbing on his chest.

I silently left the chambers and headed towards the dornish court that our king as moved to the Red Keep since his marriage.

"Is it true?" Darion Sand demanded to know, as I entered the room. "It will be war and the queen is fighting in it?"

"Of course, she is!" Obella Sand growled, slamming her spear on the floor. "She is The Dragon Queen, our queen and the pride of Dorne! She might have been raised andal, but she was born to be dornish. Her spear ability comes second to only the king and that's only because of years of experience."

"The Pyke will be a bloodshed!" Arthur Sand smirked viciously, all teeth. "Our queen will bring Fire and Blood to the traitors and it will be glorious!"

"That it will," I spoke up, gaining everyone' attention.

"Lady Strong," Darion teased. "Welcome to our meeting."

"Thank you for having me," I smirked. "My husband and I are to remain here to protect and care for the princes, more specifically the Crown Prince. Half of you are to remain here for the same reason. The other half will march to the Pyke and Old Town."

"Dorne will answer the call for war!" Obella exclaimed. "Our birthland loves and admires the queen beyond word. When news reach them about this, nobles to commonfolk will be furious!"

"As they should," I agreed with a frown. "Not only did Old Town and the Pyke raise arms against the royal family we serve. They have troubled our sweet Crown Prince, for just that make sure pierce them with your spears!"

I could see the angry and dark expressions on their faces, a promise of what's to come.

You wanted to make an enemy from Dorne? You've done it! Hightowers, Greyjoys, look out, because we are coming down on you with Fire and Blood!