1: Upon Awakening

TW: mention of Kiyo's sister, mention of abuse
[Kaede's POV]
As I woke up, I rubbed my poor, throbbing head and groaned with pain.

'Oww...' I moaned,'why does my head hurt so mu-'

I stopped. Taking in my surroundings, it seemed I was in some sort of metal compartment - a small space, kind of giving me claustrophobia - presumably a locker. I could barely talk, breathe, move, just anything, really.

'What the?!' I managed to get out. Just that. Nothing more, nothing less. Just pure confusion.

I pushed forward, and to my surprise, stumbled out, almost falling.

Why was I in that locker? And why was it unlocked- no, no, I should question more like... WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

I looked around, taking everything in - it was a classroom. But yet, it was no normal classroom as it seemed. It had moss growing out of the roof and around the blank board. There was also a camera, and a screen which was not wall-mounted but instead stood short on two metal beams.

The air was tense and heavy, I felt I was barely breathing. It was unreal. Why would a classroom be in such a mess? Did no one take care of it? Was it... potentially... abandoned? Most of all, how did I get into this mess of not just a classroom, but also of a situation.

'Maybe I'm dreaming...' I wandered to myself, however also saying it out loud, as if necessary.

'Oh right- I probably am. Should I pinch my cheek?' I asked, to no one but my only presence.

I pinched my cheek, hardly, but I didn't seem to wake up. This was real. This was really real. Was my... mind playing tricks on me? Whatever. Now not only does my head throb but my cheek is also stinging with pain. Was I the only one here? If so, why me-

'Waaagh!' A boy yelled as his body was thrown to the ground, out of the locker next to mine.

'What the' I exclaimed, stumbling backwards.

I couldn't see his face, instead, a black hat with a white logo covered it, as it was placed atop his blueish hair. He seemed to be covered all in black, from head to toe, with a bit of white and other shades appearing here and there - like the grey on his uniform, that striped to match with the shadowy black.

He suddenly lifted his head, giving me clear view of his face.

He had grey eyes, with an exquisite pattern of makeup to go along with them. They were big and bold like he was surprised. His eyebrows were what told me his emotion though (also the scene he had fallen into), they seemed worried and petrified, like a small child. I couldn't blame him though. I understood about as much as he did. Unless, of course, he is the one to blame for this situation.

'Hey, you!' The mysterious boy shouted to me,'what have you done to me? What do you want?'

'Huh?' I questioned, obviously confused.

Was he blatantly accusing me for this strange thing? No, I would not do such a horrible thing.

'Why am I here? Why did you bring me here?' He yelled, his face speaking more of an angry and confused expression, not just confused.

'What?! I didn't bring you here!' I responded, becoming more aggressive and impatient with this boy's obliviousness.

Calm down, Kaede. He can't be that stupid. He'll catch on.