Chapter 42

SOFIA

"Ladies!" Nini says, entering the room with the biggest smile one could possibly ask for. She's having her "Shakespeare Academy" bag on her shoulders and wearing one of her usual cool looks. Her hair is up in a clip and she's wearing sunglasses on.

"Yeah?" I ask, not knowing what could have possible happened to make her so happy. Okay, she's usually happy. Nini is one of those people who always see the Sunshine and smile. But not like this.

She takes a flyer from her bag and shows it happily at us. I stand up from the couch, so does April, and we go to see what the paper is.

April gets to the flyer first and starts reading the title. "Romeo and Juliet in the city. World known play comes to Wrencore."

I look at Nini confused, not knowing where this was heading. She gets the hint and starts explaining.

"It's next year's big production. The school is going all in. Renting the theater, getting costumes, fancy backgrounds...Everything. And guess who has been invited to go to casting?"

She doesn't have to answer that question for me to put two and two together: "Oh my gosh! Nini, that's amazing." I scream and have her in a hug. She smiles and can't stop cheering.

"We're proud of you, babe." April adds, joining the hug. Nini thanks us both and starts giving us more details about how there will be a casting at the beginning of the next term. Only students who were invited to take part at the casting can go. And my bestie is one of them.

"So, I think it's time to celebrate. Drinks on me." she says happily. Although I normally don't go out, I accept for Nini. She's too happy and I am too proud of her to miss this out. April immediately agrees as well and goes to get change. Dia is still at rehearsals and Nessie is out with Mark, so we decide to go just us three.

Fifteen minutes later, we're all ready and sitting in Darrel's SUV. Although he didn't notice I was kidnapped that time at Alec's party, I forgave him and he's still my bodyguard. My boyfriend wasn't so thrilled about the whole thing, yet I convinced him he should just give Darrel a chance. He accepted after I asked him at least thousand times.

We arrive at this bar we sometimes go to called The Girol. Nini, April and I step out of the car, Darrel in our shadow. As we enter through the big doors, we make our way between the many people dancing to the music in the background and the drinks all around the place. Nini takes my wrist and I take April's so that we can make a human chain. It is the safest way not to get lost from each other.

The redhead leads us to the bar and shouts at the bartender, in order for him to hear: "Three shots please."

I shake my head, knowing I am not allowed to drink in public. Nini frowns and corrects herself: "Two shots please and a bottle of water."

The bartender nods and goes to bring us our order. In the meantime, the girls and I get the chance to look around the bar.

"He seems cute." Nini says, pointing at a guy standing with his back at us. He's tall with some dark hair and wearing a hoodie.

"He does", April backs her up. "And I'm sure he wouldn't mind hooking up with a sexy redhead tonight."

Nini chokes and April smirks. I let out a grin.

We are all brought to silence the moment the guy turns around.

"That's Caden freaking West", Nini shouts for the three of us. Her voice was so loud, that even the named Caden-freaking-West heard it and turned in our direction. As he sees us, he pardons himself from the ones he was talking to and makes his way to us.