CHAPTER 14

Previously: "[...] What I was saying is, I left all of them here to protect you and the manor, so how come none of them were there?". Silence spread throughout the room and I can't tell if it's an awkward or confused one, but it is deathly silent. You could honestly hear the tip of a pin drop. And it's kind of scaring me. I've never liked the silence, but then again, I'm not one to break it either.

"I don't know. I think to get that answer you'll have to ask your little minions." Sirius snarled, probably thinking about his favourite cousin. "I cannot forget the people I lost because of you and I don't know if I believe your pathetic curse story." I'm about to say something when he finishes off. "But! Harry trusts you, so I will try and get along with you and don't you think I will leave him! I'm staying here for as long as he is. Harry, Moony and I found a way for you to regain your Potter lordship and therefore also the Potter manor. Then you don't have to be dependant on anybody. If you'd like... Well, ummm... Moony and I wondered if maybe..."

"If maybe you'd like us to live with you once potter Manor has been restored. We would understand if you don't want that, so-" I cut Moony off and fling my arms around the both of them.

"Of course I want you to live with me. Padfoot, Moony, I love you!" I exclaim, tears pricking the corners of my eyes. Both of them squish me to death with how tight they are gripping me.

"We love you too pup." Moony whispers softly, voice cracking slightly. Padfoot says the same, but he calls me Harry. We awkwardly back away from each other and Padfoot smiles at me, still sniffling a bit.

Tom suddenly clears his throat and looks at me with a look that I can't quite classify. If I had to name it, I'd say it was a mix of adoration and slight envy. Then again, my glasses got cracked during the duel and I am half blind as it is, so it's probably nothing of the sort.

"There are two guest rooms on the second floor, both with double beds. Should that not suffice, there is another guest bedroom on the third floor. I'll have Violet show you to your rooms once you've decided. You are all staying after all, correct?" Everybody nods and I smile happily. The only other person I'm missing is Ron. "Fantastic. I will get going now to deal with my employees then. Unless anybody needs anything...?" Tom questions looking around.

"I'll accompany you to the meeting room, alright?" I ask and he nods curtly, before calling for Violet to lead my family to the guest rooms.

"I want the bigger room!" George shouts, as he and his twin skip towards where Violet is leading them. Padfoot and Moony follow another elf that violet called for assistance.

"Shall we?" Tom asks, drawing my attention to his smiling face. I just look at him before jumping him, wrapping my arms around him.

"Thank you so much Tom. What you did really means a lot to me!" I mumble into his neck. He just stands there stiffly and I'm about to draw back, when he wraps his arms around me tentatively.

"I want to be welcoming towards my friend's family after all." He says nervously. I flinch at the friend-zone, but quickly shake those thoughts off. I'm sure that took a lot out of him to say. I should be grateful that I'm no longer just his former enemy. He seems to notice my reaction to his calling me a friend. He pulls back, looking hurt. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just assumed our relationship." He turns to leave and I grab his arm. I take all me renowned Gryffindor courage and decide to be open with him:

"Tom... It's not that. I just... I can't truly ever be your friend, because... Because I view you as more than a friend! And I know that people would say I belong in a mental institution for having romantic feelings for you, but I do and I can't change that. And I know myself. This is not fleeting. I'm sorry, if you don't want to be my friend after this-" I continue, but he lays his hand over my mouth and looks at me piercingly.