chapter¹

her arrival

her arrival

warning: angsty?, death mention?

🐱.~°°;*-;.**•°•°.**~★ ・゚:✧°*~_°°°°•**~•^~~🐱

authors pov

04:26 PM. PARIS, FRANCE

"if only we still had master fu...or any type of guardian who's not me," marinette says, rubbing her finger on plagg's head. but he doesn't move. at all. they've checked his breathing like he would if he were a normal cat. but he's not a normal cat. he's a magical cat with superpowers. 

"tikki?" adrien calls out. the ladybird kwami looks at him. "is...is he going to die?"

"no!" she says, flying over to adrien. "first, plagg is too stubborn to die. and second, kwami's can't die. we're tied to the universe. only when the universe dies is when we die. but this..." she looks over to her lover. "i know what this is, but i'm not sure why it's happening? aren't you happy adrien?"

that question shocks the blond. he's happy. right? he is. is he?

"yeah," he nod. "i'm happy-"

"are you sure?" tikki questions. "there's nothing you want in life? that you desperately want?"

"a partner," he blurts out. marinette sighs quietly. of course, why didn't she realize? "i guess, i want something that mari and chloe have,"

marinette smiles at him, softly. 

"and you will," she says. "i can feel it-"

plagg starts coughing, making tikki fly over to him. she touches him and starts coughing too. adrien and marinette look at each other, rushing to their kwami's. why are they coughing? is the sickness plagg has contagous? 

tikki and plagg start to merge, creating a ying yang sign. marinette puts her hand out, stopping adrien from going any futher. something inside is telling her to let this happen. a blinding light of white makes the two miraculos holders close their eyes. 

"what the...?" they hear, opening their eyes. a girl, maybe around the same age as they are. she's wearing a green dress, something you wear in the eighteen hundreds. around brigderton times. on her [head/hair/hijab], a matching green hat with a cat paw print on it. on her feet, black boots. with heels. the girl makes sense of herself before, jumping to her feet. 

marinette and adrien stand their ground, doing the same. 

"who are you?" her accent, british. "what have you done to me? where am i? where's-" the girl looks down to her finger, a silver ring resting on her finger. "plagg? tikki?"

now, this shocks both adrien and marinette. first, the girl is beautiful. second, she knows their kwami's? 

"y/n?" plagg mumbles. y/n turns to the side, hugging the small creature. "it worked...you came,"

"you brought me here? where is here?"

"paris," marinette says, putting her hands up. "you are..."

"l/n," y/n says quickly, keeping plagg close to her. "the holder of the black cat miraculous. now, who are you? and what have done to me and my kwami?"