eight

"You've got to be fucking kidding me" Millie groans as she sits up in her bed, finally noticing the post that the biggest TikTok gossip page had made about her and Blake the previous night. "I meant to post it on my close friends, but now I'm getting literal death threats from insane children that think they had a chance with him."

Natalia shifts herself from her own bed and onto the edge of Millie's, "Just ignore it, it's our last day and everyone will have forgotten about it by next week."

Millie sighs and locks her phone, "Yeah you're right. It's not like we're dating or anything, we're literally just friends." Natalia cocks her eyebrow at the mention of the word friends, "Friends? I thought you hated him."

Millie rolls her eyes, "I never said I hated him, I just think he's a bit full of himself. But last night we had a decent conversation and I actually kind of enjoyed his company."

Natalia grins mischievously, "So you like him after all?". Millie playfully swats her arm, "Shut up! I'm just saying, he's not as bad as I thought he was."

The duo laugh, before agreeing to see what Ava and Teagan are up to. As expected, Teagan is once again preoccupied in the kitchen, the smell of french toast filling the air. "Teagan I'll never understand how you're a morning person, I feel like I'm two seconds away from death." Millie jokes as she slumps into one of the kitchen stools.

"Is Ava throwing up again?" Millie finally asks, noticing her absence. Teagan laughs, "Yeah it's probably a good thing that we're going home tomorrow, Coachella has truly defeated her."

"Yeah, I think after this weekend we're gonna need a week of non-stop sleeping," Natalia admits. Just then, Ava stumbles into the kitchen looking disheveled and groaning. "Ugh, I'm never drinking again," she mutters.

Millie gives her a sympathetic look, "Do you need some water?". Ava nods gratefully and takes the glass of water that Teagan hands her. "Thanks," she says hoarsely, "I don't think I could survive without you guys."

Teagan grins, "That's what friends are for."

"Hey Millie have you seen-" Ava starts before Millie immediately cuts her off. "Yes, I've seen the post, one look at my DMs and you'd think I committed a major crime." Ava looks apologetic, "I'm sorry Millie, I didn't mean to-" but Millie interrupts again, "It's fine Ava, honestly. It's not like anything is going on between us."

The girls decide to change the subject to prevent annoying Millie any further. "So what's the plan for today then?" Teagan asks as she serves the french toast onto four plates, handing one to each girl.

"Kali Uchis is a must," Millie insists, "Other than that I'm game for anyone."

Natalia grabs the copy of the set list which is sitting on the counter, and scans through the artists for ones that take her interest. "Kali is on at 6, then Willow is at the Mojave tent at 7:45, then Fisher and Chris Lake are after that at the outdoor theatre. Is there anyone else?"

"We have to make it to Frank Ocean, it's his first performance in years" Ava adds as she chews her food. "Well if Kali isn't on til 6 and we don't want to see anyone before then, maybe we should have a pool day?" Millie suggests, whilst ignoring her phone that is pinging with a new notification every two seconds.

Teagan immediately jumps at the idea, "Yes, let's do it! I'll make some cocktails and we can just relax for a bit." They suggest that the girls should invite Blake, Saige, and Angel to join them for the pool day, "I mean, why not? It's our last day here, and it would be nice to spend some time together."

Millie hesitates on the idea of inviting Blake, "I don't know, Teagan. After what happened last night, I don't think it's a good idea to add more fuel to the fire."