Chapter 27

Y/n's POV:

I fidget with my hands as I look at the lobby of the new hotel we are in. I am still shaken up about everything and I am thinking of a way to tell everyone what Gabi and I discovered in the afterlife. I haven't even told Sloane or Ben what really happened with Gabi yet.

Five must have notices me fidgeting with my hands because he grabs them and holds them. I look at him and give him a small smile. He mouths the words "are you okay" to me and I nod my head.

"You guys should've stayed here. This place is way nicer," Ben tells Diego.

He was right. This whole place looks exactly like Hotel Obsidian just cleaner and nice. The floors were black and white, the decor glowed gold colors and the doors brought in a bunch of natural lighting.

"Lila and I barely got out alive last time. Remember," Diego asks.

"But I'm here this time, and the numbers are in our favor."

"Oh guys look, Ben the Brave is here to rescue us all. I vote we all sit this one out and let him do all the work," I say.

"Shut up."

"Tell me to shut up again and I will personally cut off one of your tentacles and force your mouth shut so you can't scream."

Everyone stops walking and looks at me.

"Damn the afterlife made you angry," Allison says. I roll my eyes. Says her.

"Listen, whatever it was that attacked us, it was strong, fast, and super pissed," Lila says as we all approach the front desk. There was a bell and small piece of paper with Japanese writing on it.

"Alright, so, whatever you do, do not ring this bell. Unless you wanna lose a finger... or a tentacle," Diego tells us.

"I'll take my chances," Sloane says as she walks towards the bell, but Lila stops her.

"Don't!"

"Get out of my way."

"To take out this thing, we need to be in the right state of mind."

"State of mind? Do you mean, am I angry? Yes, I am angry. I wanna kill whatever it is that hurt Luther."

"Luther isn't the only one that's gone. We lost Klaus too. And we almost lost Y/n. I'm angry, okay? We all are. We have to be smart about this," Viktor says.

"Yeah. When the time is right, we'll act," Lila says.

"Don't even try it, Five. Doors won't let you out," Diego says as Five approaches the doors.

I shake my head in disappointment and walk over to Five. There has to be some way out of here.

"So, what, we're stuck here," Allison asks.

"This place is a test and a trap and a means of salvation, all at once," Dad says.

"Does anyone know what that sign says," Viktor asks.

"Yeah, it says "Do not ring the bell." That's what that means," Diego tells us.

"We get it, Diego. Bell bad. What do we do? Does anybody know," Five asks as we approach everyone.

"Reggie? Reggie," Allison says, but Dad just ignores her and flips through his notebook.

"I'm hungry. Does anyone fancy an unagi roll," Lila asks.

"How can you possibly eat at a time like this," Ben asks.

"I don't know. How can you be a dіck at a time like this?"