Chapter 6

For this chapter when something is in italics, it is a flashback or Y/n reading something

Y/n's POV:

I stare at the notebook in front of me as I flip through the pages again and again. There has to be some sort of mistake. Where is my birth mother?

"Maybe I just missed her page," I say as I flip back through the notebook.

"Y/n, you have been looking through that whole notebook since we left. You would have noticed by now," Klaus says. I shake my head as I close the notebook.

"Then where is my birth mother!"

"There has to be a reasonable explanation for this. Look, we still have a few more hours till we get to the hotel. Why don't you rest and when we get to the hotel we will figure this out," Five says.

"No, I don't want to rest! I want to know what the hell happened to my birth mom," I say.

"Love, I understand that. But if you don't calm down your powers will get out of hand and you might accidently flip this car. Just get some rest. Please," Five says as he looks at me. I look at Five before letting out a sigh.

"Fine," I mumble.

☂ ♡ ☂ ♡ ☂ ♡ ☂ ♡

I rest my head in Five's lap as he runs his fingers through my hair. Five got tired of driving so he and Klaus switched spots about an hour ago. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep but it was impossible.

Who the hell was my birth mother? It can't just be a coincidence that everyone else's mom was in that notebook and not mine. And on top of that, everyone else's birth mom is dead. But what about mine? Is she dead too? Maybe my mom did die but that lady just didn't put anything in the notebook.

I continue to think of any possible explanation for what happened to my mom as Five continues to run his fingers through my hair. I have to admit, it was kinda easing my nerves.

"Hey, do you think The Sparrows would let me use their bathroom? I really got to pee," Klaus says.

"Huh," Five asks.

"Well the academy is a few minutes from here and I don't think I can wait till we get to the hotel."

Right as Klaus mentions The Sparrows and the academy, I immediately remember something. The Sparrow's conversation last night...

"Why does she look like her?"

"Dad always told us about her arrival."

"13. We were 13."

"We don't deserve to say her name."

I also remember how people were taking pictures of me at the hotel and saying I looked familiar.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a really big fan of yours!"

"Sorry, you just look really familiar."

"Gabriella Costa?"

I let out a small gasp and sit up. Oh shit...No, what I'm thinking can't be true. It can't be...right?

"You okay," Five asks me.

I look at Five and then out the windshield. The Academy is only a few feet away.

"Klaus, stop at the academy," I say.

"You got to pee too," Klaus asks.

"No, I got to talk to dad and those fucking Sparrows."