Chapter 16

Y/n's POV:

I nervously pace around the room as I wait for Five to return. We have all been waiting at the hotel for 15 minutes now and he still hasn't come back with Ben. When I can't take it anymore I let out a frustrated sigh and turn towards everyone. How can they all just sit there and not be worried?!

"I'm going back to the academy. Maybe he is hurt and can't get here," I say.

"Wouldn't he be able to blink here," Lila asks. I look at her to see she was laying upside down in one of the chairs.

"Not if he is badly injured. He could be too tired!"

"Y/n I'm sure he will be here soon," Luther says.

"Yeah, just come take a seat," Sloane suggests as she points to the chair next to her.

"He should have been here 15 minutes ago!" I look down the balcony and shake my head. "I'm going to the academy. I'll be back."

Right as I was walking towards the stairs, Diego steps infront of me.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. You seriously can't think we are just going to let you go out there! You will get killed," he tells me.

"Just let her go," Allison mumbles from behind me. Everyone just ignores her.

"Look, maybe that's a risk I have to take. He's my husband, I have to go find him," I say.

"Y/n-"

"Diego if you don't move out of the way so God help me I will push you down these stairs."

Just as Diego was about to say something, I hear the door open from the downstairs lobby. I run towards the balcony and look down it. All my nervousness leaves my body when I see Five and Ben walking through the door. I run past Diego and down the stairs. When Five sees me he lets out a breath of relief.

"Oh thank God you are okay," he says as he grabs my hand.

He tries to pull me in for a hug but I just yank my arm back. Five gives me a confused look, but before he could say anything I punch him in the shoulder.

"ASSHOLE," I yell. I hear Ben snicker from behind me.

"OW, WHAT THE FUCK!"

"YOU'RE LUCKY IT WASN'T YOUR FACE! YOU FUCKING FREAKED ME OUT THINKING YOU GO SWALLOWED WHOLE BY THE KUGELBLITZ! WHAT IN GOD'S NAME WERE YOU THINKING?!"

"YOU REALLY WANTED ME TO JUST LEAVE BEN TO DIE," Five yells.

"HE'S A BIG BOY HE CAN GET OUT HIMSELF," I yell.

"HE WAS PASSED OUT!"

"HEY!" Five and I turn around and look at Ben. "We don't have time to listen to your guys' marriage problems. Now come on."

"It's not marriage problems," Five says.

"Whatever, let's just go."

I watch as Ben begins to walk up the stairs towards everyone else. Just as Five was about to follow him I grab his arm and pull him back. He gives me a confused look but I just ignore it. Instead, I cup his cheeks and put my lips on his. I can feel Five smile as he kisses me back.

"I'm glad you're okay, but don't ever fucking pull that shit again. You scared the living hell out of me," I say a few seconds later. Five gives me a small smile and nods his head.

"Okay, I promise. I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I say with a little smile.

Five grabs my hand and we begin to walk up the stairs. When we reach everyone, we all just sit in silence. When I see the look on everyone's faces, my mood immediately changes. I think my mind just processed exactly what was going on. Yes, I knew the world was ending, but I think that because of how worried I was for Five, my mind just now fully processed the information.