Chapter 2

Y/n's POV:

We have only been here for twenty minutes and we somehow already managed to get unadopted, make new enemies, and look like idiots who just got their asses handed to them. Typical day for the Hargreeves family, am I right?

I groan and rub my head as we all walk over to the park benches and tables. I can feel my lip and cheek bleeding and a bruise starting to form. As much as I hate to admit it, those Sparrows know how to fight. I let out a small hiss in pain as I feel a migraine starting to form.

"My head hurts," I mumble as I rub my temple.

"I think I have a concussion," Five says.

"Just gonna sit. I'm just gonna sit for a minute," Luther says as he sits on one of the benches.

Allison sits next to him while Klaus stretches out on one of the picnic tables. Five and I sit down at another table. I set my backpack down and grab my first aid kit from it.

"Here, let me look at your cut," I say.

Five looks at me and I let out a small hiss. I grab an alcohol wipe and began cleaning up the wound.

"That burns," Five says.

"I know, I'm sorry. But I got to clean it up or it will become infected."

"Well that didn't go well," Diego says.

"No, not our best work," Five says. I put the bloody wipe down and grab another one.

"We definitely could have done better," I say.

"Oh, I'm cracking," Klaus says as he pops his back.

"You all right," Allison asks Luther

"I don't know yet. I've just never had my ass handed to me like that before. It's like... Here you go. It's your ass," Luther says as he holds out his hands. We all just stare at him for a second before Allison nods her head.

"Okay, I think Luther's concussed," she says.

"Luther, how many fingers," Klaus asks as he holds up three fingers. My eyes widen and I look at every one.

"Oh my God. Vanya," I say. Allison points behind me. I turn around to see Vanya walking towards us.

"Oh. Thank God you're alive," Vanya says.

"You okay," Allison asks

"Apparently, so is Ben," Klaus says.

"Yeah. And he's a complete dickhead."

"They're all dickheads," Diego says.

"Dickheads who can fight," Luther says.

"Yeah and dickheads with cool powers," I mention.

"Okay, next person to say "dickhead" is getting a punch to the throat," Five says.

"Dickhead."

"Dickhead."

"Dickhead."

"Dickhead."

Five looks at me and I give him a smile.

"Dickhead," I say. Five just rolls his eyes. I grab some anabiotic cream from my kit and apply it to his wound.

"Hey, did Dad tell you why he was calling them his kids," Diego asks Klaus. Klaus lets out a small laugh.

"He sure did! You ready? Dad was so repulsed by us back in Texas, that he adopted an entirely different group of children just so that he didn't have to raise us."