021: hold my hand

"i just wanna get high with my lover"

"did you know there is a secret handprint above yujin's headboard? it's smaller than keita's hand, but bigger than eunha's hand. all the guy's hands are larger than keita's, but eunha's doesn't fit either. it won't come off!" yunseo said.

eunha nodded. "they're right, it's really weird. it's like cinderella! no one's hands fit in it."

after the eliminations, the boys had to rearrange their rooms and had their beds on the ground in sets of three, instead of bunk beds and four beds.

the production crew gathered all the trainees for an interview, regarding the eliminated trainees, and to share their feelings. however, instead of it being a formal and serious interview, the script was to scare all of the trainees while they were feeling sad.

some trainees had really loud reactions, like junseo, and some just didn't react at all, for example, ricky.

"did you guys set it up there to scare us?" yujin asked. "the hand won't rub off or anything!"

eunha laughed at the three boys.

a few hours later, she met up with minhyuk of btob to introduce the next mission to the boys.

"are you excited to be here?" eunha asked jokingly. both bonded over their terrible memories with mnet.

"honestly, not really," he laughed, reading over the script for today. "i miss when they let us do whatever we wanted."

"i agree, but this is idol life i guess," she shrugged.

the two went out in unison and the boys gasped at minhyuk. junseo thought it was going to be justin bieber. woonggi thought it was going to be ariana grande. but overall, all were very startled. minhyuk introduced himself, then interviewed some of the trainees.

"we're here to announce the second mission, the dual battle," eunha spoke into the mic. then, the curtain behind them fell, revealing the songs for the next mission.

"in this mission, you will be doing two positions in a song. unlike previous seasons, the categories are singing and rapping, rapping and dancing, and dancing and singing," minhyuk said. "and unlike your previous missions, k&g group will be combined."

some of the trainees' jaws dropped.

"then, you guys will be battling within your categories," eunha announced.

she stepped back and revealed the first song from the vocal and rap category, which was tomboy by (g)-idle. next, it was limousine by be'o, man in love by infinite, and lastly, not spring, love, or cherry blossoms by iu.

most of the trainees started singing the songs, specifically the ones they wanted, but one voice she heard from the crowd was mingyu singing man in love. she winced at the sound, but didn't make it too obvious.

then they revealed the dance and vocal songs, butterfly by bts, feel special by twice, love killa by monsta x, and home by seventeen. in her opinion, home was probably one of the hardest songs to do.

the last category was the dance and rap positions, and the songs were law by yoon mirae and bibi, rush hour by crush and j-hope, zoom by jessi, and ggang by rain. eunha gave a little chuckle out because she performed it once before, on a end of the year k-pop show hosted by kbs.

"the winner of each section will be decided by the star creators on site, and first place in each team will individually get 100,000 benefit votes. to those groups that win in the entire section, each will receive an extra 150,000 benefit votes as well, along with a stage on mcountdown."