013: turn the light on pt. 3

"home is where you're loved the most and act the worst."

"you'll go inside in two minutes," the producers told eunha through her earpiece.

today was the day where the trainees got their second mission, which was performing a cover of a song in front of a live audience.

she stepped out into the large area, where the trainees stood on stairs that resembled a display case, having each one of their names on them.

except for 9 trainees from k-group, and 9 trainees from g-group. eunha was here to announce the top 9 trainees from each group with the greatest viewed fancam video on youtube, of the trainees.

the boys cheered for eunha as she stood in front of the wall with a bunch of stickers with question marks on them.

"as your senior who has some experience with survival shows, i hope i can share my knowledge with you guys to help you succeed," she spoke into the microphone. "the places you're standing represents the ranking you're in, in terms of the fancams that were posted online."

from where eunha was standing, she could tell some trainees had frowns on their faces, and some had confused looks on their faces.

"some of you guys don't know your rankings yet, so those people are the top 9 in each group for fancams! i'll be revealing them now, starting with k-group. in 9th place, we have lee dongyeol, in 8th, oh seung min, 7th cha woonggi, 6th han yujin, 5th lee seunghwan, and 4th, lee daeul."

the 6 boys took their spots on the line. the three that were left were jiwoong, sung hanbin, and hoetaek.

"in third place... sung hanbin!" eunha announced. "now, i will be revealing first place, who is... lee hoetaek!"

the trainees clapped for him, and he said a little thank you message for all his fans.

"now, the g-group trainee in 9th is seok matthew, 8th is ricky, 7th is zhang hao, 6th is jay, 5th is cong, and 4th is hiroto," eunha said, frowning at the fact that zhang hao was in such a low place. "the trainee in third place is keita, and the trainee in first place is dang hong hai, leaving anthonny in second place."

it wasn't a surprise that hai and anthonny were first and second, knowing they have strong fan bases in their home countries.

"now, i will be revealing the songs for the next mission," eunha said, beginning to reveal the stickers. "in these songs, k-group and g-group will be battling against each other with the same song. to the winning team, they will receive a total of 100,000 benefit votes, and the team with the most votes by the star creators after the show will be able to perform on mcountdown!"

the trainees gasped in shock, as many of them have never performed on an actual stage in their life, nevertheless, barely any have performed on an mnet stage.

the first song that was revealed was seventeen's aju nice, then exo's love me right, bts's danger, nct dream's hot sauce, wanna one's burn it up, stray kid's back door, and the final reveal, blackpink's kill this love.

"now, the first trainees to choose their teams will be lee hoetaek and dang hong hai."

honestly, everyone wanted to be on hui's team. with a master vocalist and with years of experience, he was a known leader in the boys planet camp. many trainees kept eyeing him, one obvious trainee being junhyeon.

in the end, hui's team was stacked with all rounders, dancers, and rappers, while dang hong hai's team had a variety of talents and fun members. when haruto's name was called, he screamed in excitement and ran over to the team, making hearts with his arms in the air. a very cute sight to see.

after creating all the teams, eunha concluded that keita's team was definitely one of the strongest, with a dancer like wang zihao and a vocalist like matthew and zhang hao. and if she had to be honest, keita looked confident in his team members and looked so attractive when he said that he was done picking his team members.

now that all the teams were lined up, they could see their competitors easily.

as for the time being, the groups now had to choose what song they wanted to do. if eunha had these options when she was on the survival show, she would've chosen either kill this love, or aju nice.

so first, after all the teams decided their songs, eunha decided to visit the kill this love teams first, which were keita's and hwanhee's groups.

by the time she peered into the door window, the two teams were distributing parts of the song.

"hey guys!" she waved. some of the trainees were surprised she visited this early in their training.

"hey eunha," keita waved, with a shiny sticker of a star plastered on his shirt.

"i see you've got the killing part," she laughed. "how about you guys?" she turned around to hwanhee's group. they weren't having much struggle to distribute the lines, mainly because they strategized. gunwook would become center, and hwanhee would become main vocalist.

however with keita's group, they seemed to have trouble distributing lines because of the talents of each trainee being top scale.

"matthew, are you okay?" eunha asked, looking at the boy whose eyes were welling up.

"yeah, i'm okay. i just didn't get the part i wanted, that's all," the boy put on a smile. Inside, she could tell that he really wanted to be a main vocalist in this group.

she looked over at k-group, and they were all already learning the choreography.

"wow guys, you're all doing so well! but i have to mention, i was watching the choreography video for the boy version of kill this love, and the dance is so aggressive and powerful. gunwook is basically perfect for this role."

gunwook blushed, and bowed. "thank you eunha," he said. "i will keep working harder," gunwook smiled.

when zhang hao squinted at the other group, he immediately told kuan jui to start learning the choreography for the group.

zhang hao was jealous from all the attention eunha gave k-group, playing around with them, complimenting them, and teaching them the dance and whatnot. he wanted to impress eunha with every chance he got.

"we will beat k-group," he said, confidently.

_____________________

zammmmnnnn zhang hao being a hypocrite in this chap... remember what you said last chapter hao hao...

also sorry for not updating super fast i went back to school today after missing like a week and now i have a test in every subject to write tmr and 3 projects <3 don't worry i'm still writing whenever i get the chance