003: here i am pt.2

"keep your eyes on me"

the audience's jaws dropped to the ground. they were all speechless.

while in the room, the mentors had a similar reaction. eunha furrowed her eyebrows. wasn't pentagon doing well? she thought. the mentors were taken aback by his sudden appearance.

"didn't he produce songs for wanna one? and for produce x 101 four years ago? that's crazy."

now this, this was desperation. she genuinely felt bad for the idol, now trainee. he was good enough to be a mentor himself! he was extremely talented, and could even be described as more talented than the mentors here. not only was he a member or pentagon, he was their leader.

"that must've taken a lot of courage," seokhoon said.

"his members must either be very proud or angry, he has a high chance of debuting here. However, if he doesn't, he has the chance to bring pentagon back to popularity," baek kooyoung replied.

now that all the trainees have arrived, it was time for them to reveal the mentors.

the mentors were provided with earpieces for translations and to hear the voices of the trainees, and after putting them on, they were introduced to the hallway to get to the stage.

now that eunha was looking at it, she suddenly got flashbacks from years ago.

"we got this, okay?" wonyoung told her.

"hwaiting, hwaiting! hwaiting hwaiting hwaiting!" the four starship trainees chanted while walking onstage.

"trainee jang wonyoung, you're one of the youngest on the show, right?" one of the mentors asked.

"yes," she replied.

"and trainee kang eunha, you have one of the shortest training periods than the rest of the girls, even the youngest, correct?"

"yes," eunha bit her lip nervously. even though the girls have practiced a ton, she was still lacking in all aspects.

"okay, let us see your performance."

after the performance, they were all breathing heavily, and stood in a line across the stage.

"kang eunha, level f."

eunha shuddered at the memory. the fact that she now has to put the boys in the same situation as she had to was saddening to her.

the production managers gestured to the mentors one by one, eunha being the last one.

"boys planet representative, kang eunha," the speakers blared.

the trainees had shocked faces. they all started screaming in happiness, clapping, putting their hands over their mouths."

"our skills are going to improve a lot!"

"i'm so excited to be taught by all of these mentors."

"they're like the... mentor avengers!"

"i think this is probably the most impressive lineup in a survival program."

baek kooyoung took the mic first and introduced himself. "hello everyone, i'm baek kooyoung, your dance master. everyone is having fun, right?"

the trainees screamed yes.

"then you must keep working hard to keep having fun," he glared at the trainees. some of them gulped and stayed silent.

eunha noticed the tension, then spoke into her mic, "hey kooyoung, don't scare them too much! it's only the first episode!" and everyone in the building laughed.