The Rescue

"I think it's your turn," I grin, placing the hat on JJ's head. "Truth or dare?" I smile, sitting down in his lap. "I mean, do you even need to ask?" He smirks. I smile, nodding up to the biggest rock cliff on the island. "Big jump. Nobody's done it yet," I grin. "Dare," I say, pressing my lips to his. 

It doesn't take him long to reach the top of the rock, and he shimmies his way onto the edge, just above the water. "There he is, there he is," John B grins when he appears on the ledge. "There he goes," Pope smiles. We all whoop, cheering for him as he stands up. "Send it!" Pope cheers. "He's not gonna do it," Cleo shakes her head with a laugh. "He's not gonna do it!" She keeps laughing. "Oh, I won't huh?" JJ shouts with a smile, gesturing to the water below him. 

"No way," John B laughs. "He's gonna do it," Kie smirks at me. "Oh, my God," I gasp, covering my mouth. "It's highly dangerous, uh, zero reward? Yeah, he's doing it," Pope laughs. "Do it!" Sarah laughs as we all cheer and JJ pumps his arms above his head. He takes a step back and then runs for the water, jumping straight off the edge of the cliff and front flipping down at least 500 feet into the water. We all cheer, laughing and running into the water.

We all throw shorts and shirts off, leaving us in swim suits and underwear as JJ swims towards us, cheering. Pope runs at him, tackling him and hugging him as we cheer. He picks me up, spinning me around in the water before throwing me on his shoulders. "I actually thought I was gonna die," He laughs, the rest of us still cheering. "You looked like you were gonna die! I thought you were gonna die!" Pope laughs.

~~~~~~

"Let me see the ring again," Kie laughs as she takes my hand. "Perfect right?" I ask as the fire crackles in front of us. "I can't believe half the Pogues will be married now," She shakes her head as Sarah giggles, also looking at my ring. "Mm-hmm, that's what I'm talking about now," JJ grins as he licks the cooked Skate off of his fingers. "Freshly caught," He smiles at me. The wind howls around us as we all sit, happy and silent. 

"Come on, I wanna show you something," He says, getting up and taking my hand. "Where are we going?" I giggle. "Just up here," He whispers, pulling me up on top of the rocks. "J...," I whisper, looking at the mat made out of palm leaves. He pulls me down onto it, laying on his back. I smile, curling into his side. "All stars out here," He grins, taking my hand again. "Hey, where's your ring?" He asks, his smile dropping. I sit up, slipping it out of my pocket.

"I found this, on the shore," I say, pulling the old string out of my other pocket. "Must have washed up," I smile softly, slipping the small string through the center of the ring. "Will you tie it?" I whisper. He nods, gently taking the string as I turn around. "I thought it would be better, considering our lifestyle. So I didn't lose it," I whisper. I feel his fingers gently move on the back of my neck. "Done," He whispers. He leans close to my ear. "I love you," He says, pressing his lips to my neck as his hands run up my sides. "So much," He says in between kisses.

I turn around to face him, lacing my fingers into his messy hair and kissing him, feeling the stubble he hasn't been able to shave for a month. I carefully lay back so that I'm on top of him, my hands on his biceps. "Okay, so I know we've had our fair share of sex with people other than each other," He mutters between kisses. "But I think I'm your first fiancé you're having sex with," He mutters, pulling my t-shirt over my head. "Fiancé," I grin against his lips. 

"I think it's also my first time having sex on a deserted island," I giggle as he presses his lips to my neck again. "Y/n?" John B's voice comes from further down the sand. I groan as JJ pulls away from me, laying his head on my neck. "Not totally deserted," He chuckles. "Look, I know JJ like, just proposed, but I'm not very fond of the idea of my best friend and sister having sex right above my head, so please," He begs as we laugh.