Chapter 15 - Nikki

The first thing that hit me was the smell of coffee and something cooking. I shifted and blinked my eyes open, squinting against the morning light. I was on my sofa, and at some point someone had tucked a blanket around me so tightly I felt like some sort of soft furnishings burrito.

Wiggling my body into a sitting position, I frowned at who could be cooking before the events of the night before came rushing back to me. I didn't remember falling asleep. The last thing I remembered was us heading to watch a movie with our coffee. Had we picked one?

I groaned. How embarrassing. He had come over to make sure I was alright, and I just fell asleep.

With the blanket wrapped around my shoulders like a comforter, I padded around the edge of the sofa and back through into the kitchen.

"Good morning sleepyhead." Evan grinned from his spot at the hob.

He was wearing a pale pink apron covered in little cupcakes and somehow still made it look good.

I moved a self-conscious hand to my no doubt atrocious bed head. "I'm pretty certain I'm still dreaming, if I'm honest."

He laughed. "If you were dreaming, I'd definitely have my top off."

Smoothing my hair, I hopped onto one of the breakfast bar stools and watched as he grabbed some fruit juice from the fridge and began pouring me a glass. "I thought this only happened in movies, not real life"

He laughed, "It's just breakfast."

"I don't know. This feels dangerously close to romance, if you ask me." I shot back.

"You're telling me no one has made you a totally platonic breakfast after you fell asleep and drooled on their shoulder so they stayed the night?" He asked with a mocking, shocked face.

My hand shot to my mouth as though searching for signs he might be telling the truth. "I don't drool in my sleep."

"It was only a little bit of dribble, totally fine between friends." he teased.

"I don't think anyone has ever made me breakfast, whether they were friend or otherwise." I replied as I watched him begin to pile the food onto plates. He even drizzling syrup I had forgotten I had over the stacks.

If I hadn't been drooling before, I was now. It looked incredible. He looked incredible. In fact, it wasn't fair that one man should be allowed to look that good, have a nice personality, and cook.

"Well, that is a crying shame, but just think how much more you'll appreciate these pancakes now." He replied, passing me a plate.

"Is this your attempt to win me over? By bribing me with food?" I asked, using my fork to break off a mouthful.

As soon as I tasted it, I couldn't stop the little moan that escaped me. He wasn't just a good cook, but a great one. At least when it came to pancakes.

"Keep making noises like that and I'll be using far more than my cooking skills to win you over." He groaned.

I cocked my head to one side and kept my expression innocent despite the fact my heart threatened to pound its way out of my chest. "Noises like what"

His eyes darkened, and he put his plate down, entirely focused on me. "You're playing with fire, Nikki. I don't want to just be your rebound and take advantage of you when you're getting over a breakup."

I wasn't sure where it came from, or how I had gone from dazed and just woken up, to horrendously turned on, but all of a sudden the delicious pancakes were forgotten. "What if I want to be the one who takes advantage of you?"

Slipping off the seat, I round the edge of the cabinets, but he met me halfway and our lips collided in a desperate kiss of longing and need.

When we broke apart, Evan pressed his forehead to mine. "God, I think I'm addicted to the taste of you Nikki."

I couldn't even think of a response before he kissed me again. His kisses were gentle, careful even, as though he was still afraid I might break or back away. It wasn't gentleness I wanted now; I want him.

A strangled noise escaped him as my hands found the waistband of his jeans. "Are you sure you want this?" He asked hoarsely.

"If you don't stop asking that, I'm going to lose it." I groan, "Just fucking kiss me, Evan. Please."

I wan't sure if it was the desperation in my voice, or the fact my fingers brushed him through the fabric of his boxers as I unzipped his jeans, but something in him snapped.

I let out a little squeak of shock as I suddenly found myself not on the ground anymore.

He lifted me with ease, wrapping my legs around him and pressing me back into the fridge. Magnets and bits of paper cascaded to the floor, but I no longer cared because his lips were on mine and he was kissing me again.

"Bedroom?" He asked when we next broke apart.

I pointed to the stairs. "First door on the left."

There was no standing on ceremony anymore as his lips were on mine again and he practically ran to the stairs.

A few steps up he stopped, placing me down on the step and leaning back.

Face flushed and feeling vulnerable, I looked back at him. "What?"

My voice was a squeak as his eyes hungrily raked my body. "You're fucking gorgeous." He whispered as his hands moved to the waistband of my jeans. "Do you know how many times I pictured peeling this off of you at dinner?"

I shook my head mutely, unable to answer him.

"Far too many times." He said, lifting my bottom and dragging them slowly down to unveil my body.

"Here?" I asked, still struggling to speak under the intensity of his gaze.

"I can't wait another minute longer." He groaned, running a finger over my black lace-topped panties.

My breathing was erratic as he teased and played and kissed me until I spiralled into pleasure with a scream.

"You're stunning." Evan whispered, moving forward to press a kiss to my lips again. "Now where is that bed? Because I plan to fuck you senseless and this is not the best angle."

I let out a shriek of laughter as he scooped me up again and ran for the bedroom.