Chapter 3

"Can you LEAVE?!!", The guy in the bed stated, asserting his need for me to leave, a little too harshly.

"I thought you were here for your friend? What are you doing, getting into other people's room, miss?", The nurse questioned. I felt the cold sweat dripping down my forehead. What WAS I doing there?

"You said Will was in room 403 so..", My voice trailed off, nervousness and anxiety rushing through me, as I felt all the eyes on me.

"This is 408, and you need to LEAVE, unless you want me to press charges for Assault and BATTERY", The Bed Guy shouted, his eyes closing, as he winced in pain, each time the nurse unwound the bandage on his wound.

I pursed my  lips in humiliation, picked up my bag and walked out of the room, mentally cursing my mind for wandering enough, to not even see which room I was getting into . "Hey, wait!", I heard, as I was walking down the corridor. I didn't want to create any more hassle so instead of turning around like a normal person, I kept on walking. The guy came up to me and held out my phone. "You forgot this", He said. My face grew a deep shade of red in embarrassment, as I took the phone, apologizing profusely. "Don't apologize, it happens sometimes", he said, somehow comforting me , "I'm Pedri".

"I'm so sorry for not holding the elevator earlier, I did press the hold button but it just moved you know, I'm so sorry, and that thing with the room, I was just thinking a lot of things  and was in a haze so....you know...I'm sorry"

"It's fine, we're good on that, everyone has those days and anyway the elevator does malfunction sometimes, I understand", He laughed.

"Your friend didn't think it was fine", I mumbled, remembering his angry face.

"Nah, he was just in a bad mood, he's a good person, it's just that his injury has got him out of the field for so long, that he's gone a little loose with his head and has a hard time socializing"

"Field..?", I asked

"You don't know us?", He asked, looking surprised.

I blinked. My brain was ticking. Pedri..Pedri...Pedri..Pedri...and it hit me. The football player. I flushed in embarrassment yet again, when my brain finally processed everything, I'd just met Gavi and was standing in front of Pedri. I'd been a huge Barca fan, and the fact that I'd totally ignored someone like Pedri, felt like an insult to my Blaugrana soul.

However, I had all the blood I'd witnessed that day, a friend's blood, to blame for my scrambled brain.

"I'm so sorry", I gushed, my cheeks feeling hot, not from humiliation  but the adrenaline rush I was suddenly experiencing. " I'm such a HUGE Culer, I simply don't know how I missed you..., but well, I've been really busy today so that may be one reason but oh my God, I love you all so much, I can't explain how I'm feeling". I was embarrassing myself, but for once, I wasn't aware or self conscious. 

Pedri seemed to be enjoying the attention because he was smiling ear to ear and I could feel his eyes grow brighter as they looked into mine.

"It's fine, it happens sometimes", He laughed,"So, should we exchange numbers?".

 I blushed, wanting to die.... wanting to do a whole victory dance. Pedri Gonzalez wanted MY number. My Number. I could feel my heart beating fast, as I unlocked my phone and handed it to him. The pure euphoria of those 15 seconds that I spent, standing next to Pedri, were the moments I never wanted to have to end. He quickly typed in his number before typing mine into his. "I didn't get your name", He said, looking up from his phone, his thumb hovering over the keypad. "Evelyn, Evie, keep it Evie", I mumbled, feeling feverish. It all seemed like a dream and suddenly, an awkward nightmare too.

I was standing so close to a celebrity, covered in blood, smelling like sweat and blood, looking like a mess with my dirty clothes and disgustingly tangled hair. I was kicking myself for not being more careful with my appearance.

"I'll see you around, Evie", Pedri said, giving me a quick smile before walking off, leaving me, with my heart feeling like it'd just run a marathon.