Chapter 10

"Open the door"

I sat up, quickly grabbing my phone to check the time.

2 : 12 AM

I quickly put on a t-shirt before slowly  making my way to the door. My hair still dripping drops of water 3 hours after the shower. All the lights of the house were off so there wasn't even a shadow under to door to help me make out who was outside.

"Open the fucking door". Groggy, almost as though the person was struggling to breathe.

I opened the door slightly to peek at the person outside.

Tussled hair, sleepy eyes, and a red face.

"What  happened?!!", I whispered, helping him in.

"A bit too much of the hospital cold drinks I guess", He croaked. I quickly put his shivering body under the sheets. "Why didn't you wake Pedri?", I asked. "That fucker will sleep through a hurricane if it means achieving his glorious 9 hours of sleep", He coughed. "Wait here", I instructed before running out of the room.

"Pedri! Pedri!!"

His body refused to move, which finally allowed to believe Gavi's words.

"Where are you?!!!", His broken voice rang through the apartment. I let out an exasperated groan before grabbing a bottle of honey and a spoon and going back to my room. "Close the door", He whispered. I rolled my eyes in the dark, I guess his sense of entitlement didn't abandon him even in his sickness. "Sit up", I said, helping him up. His body was sweaty and burning. "You need to get to the hospital", "So the groupies can kidnap me? No thanks".

I sighed, his sarcasm helped diffuse the oddest of odd situations. "Open", I said. He gladly opened his mouth and licked off every last drop of honey from the spoon, each time I fed him. Maybe he wasn't so bad, I thought.

"Wipe of the sweat", He commanded, "I'm stickier than honey".

"Ever heard of the word "please"?", I asked, giving him the stink eye.

"Fine, please"

I smiled, finally bringing a a towel and getting a bowl of cold water.

"Shirt", I mumbled.

"Take it off for me, who's the sick person here?"

"Last time I checked, sick people lose their attitudes when in care of someone"

I quickly unbuttoned his wet shirt. "Get up", I instructed. He suddenly put his arms around my neck and pulled, trying to get up, but ended up with me on him. Our faces came close; so close, I could feel his shaky breath. I slightly opened my eyes. His brown eyes stared into mine, making my heart race. The same feeling as before. "We should get going with the cleaning", He whispered. I exited my trance, nodding.

His body felt cold despite the sweating, reminding me of the hospital....and the incident. I blushed, ducking my head. "What're you thinking about?", He asked, curiously looking at me. "Something that happened", I replied. "With who?", He immediately questioned. I gave it a thought. "Someone...I'd like to know better", I answered.

His eyes grew dark. "A guy, you mean?".

"Yeah, you can say that", I answered.

"That's enough I think", He suddenly said, distancing himself from me.

"I'll get you a towel", I said rushing to the cabinet.

Pedri got up at  exactly 5:30 AM. Earlier than he was supposed to, seeing as Gavi had said that he required 9 hours of sleep.

"......And that's how he ended up here", I finished explaining, finally allowing his eyebrows to  un-scrunch .

"But we need to leave, don't we", He teased. "Shut up, you pig", Gavi groaned. He was still sweating profusely and it didn't help that he looked like a ripe strawberry. "We might need to get him back to the hospital", Pedri commented, "I don't want excuses". "I'm not moving", Gavi shouted, before getting into yet another coughing fit. "Can't we just get a doctor to come here?", I asked. "That works too, I guess", Pedri relented.

"Perra!! Open the fucking door!! Lo juro por Dios, I will kill you!!"

I ran to the door, avoiding my guests' confused gazes.

"Mandy!!", I exclaimed, trying to blow her anger away with my feigned excitement, "Hey girl!!"

"Don't you "hey girl" me!!", She shouted, entering the apartment followed by a bandaged Will. "You left us alone and you're seriously trying to act like everything's okay?!!"

I looked at Will for help, who turned away in disappointment. "I thought you hated guys and now you've gone all soft just because they're high profile celebrities? Who are you? Because if I remember correctly, my best friend wasn't a low gold digger!!".

I gasped, covering my mouth. Will looked shocked too, as he tried to calm her down by placing his hands on her shoulders. Mandy had always been a person with big shots on loyalty, but she'd never been this angry before. "I can't believe you turned out to be such a dirty lowlife!! You left Will while he was in the hospital!! Unsupervised...He almost lost his life, Evie!! Had it not for me getting there in time...He had a seizure, a full blown seizure.. I'm disgusted-"

"That's enough"

We all turned out heads. Gavi was standing shirtless by the door frame, still dripping with sweat, his breathing shallow, with Pedri behind him.

"You need to leave her the fuck alone", Gavi growled. My heart raced under my t-shirt when his glowing eyes turned to me, "And you don't need to take any of their bull crap".

"So these are the great footballers who Evie managed to bag. Nice", Will remarked, sarcasm dripping from his voice, "I guess the bag's worth more than a true friendship right?". A vein appeared on Pedri's forehead, showing a clear sign of annoyance and anger. "You need to leave", He calmly stated, his smile looking dark and menacing. "Or what?", Will challenged staring right at me, "Is it that good Evie? Good enough to let a friend die?".

I looked at him in disbelief. Were these people really the same people I'd befriended?

"Don't blame someone else for your mistakes", Gavi stated, glaring at Will.

"What do you mean his mistakes?", Mandy began, "Clearly, you don't think her abandoning an injured friend-"

"How did he even get injured, to begin with?", Gavi shot.

"What?"

"How did he end up in the hospital?"

It was now Will's turn to look at me.

"Does that compare to her leavi-"

"Oh stop the gaslighting", Pedri joined, "There's no sense of responsibility on your part, William".

My shock continued to increase with every passing second. How did these guys know so much?.

"Understand responsibility and we'll have a ground to discuss upon".

Mandy was huffing with anger at this point, with Will shifting uncomfortably from one foot to the other, by her side. "I did not expect this from you, Evie", She whispered before storming out of the door followed by Will, leaving me, and my guests in painful silence.