Chapter 12

I woke up spluttering on the water thrown on me.

"What the fuck", Pedri gasped, getting up, colliding with my chin in the process .

"Good morning to you too", Gavi snapped.

He was standing fully dressed, with a glass of water.

"Nice of you to wake your saviors by throwing water on them, after all that we did for you last night, you piece of shit", Pedri spat, wiping his face. Gavi ignored him, giving me a hard glare, before walking to the kitchen. "What were you doing, sleeping on her lap", He asked casually. Pedri winked at me as if saying "what did I tell you?". I rolled my eyes to indicate my disinterest in his friend. "What's that got to do with you?", Pedri questioned back, I looked down to my hands, fiddling with my fingers. His friend went silent, grabbing an emptying box of cereal.

"Do you like her Pablo?"

My head shot up, meeting Gavi's eyes, which stared back at me with the same amount of shock and confusion as mine.

"Be for real", He replied.

"It's so evident that you're into this girl, you can't even hide it if you want to", Pedri countered.

"Shut up with the nonsense, Pedro", Gavi shot back. The conversation was turning more and more uncomfortable and I wanted no part in it but for some reason, I couldn't get myself to get up. "Except, it's not nonsense", Pedri continued prodding, walking up to his friend, "Admit it". Gavi walked away from him sitting across from me, on the divan, "That's just simple bullshit, don't pull it". Pedri opened the fridge, "We need to get you some groceries". I nodded internally, blushing in poverty. "And no, it's not bullshit, and  I need you to confirm whether you really like her or not, Gavi".

"Why"

"Because I think  I like her"

Gavi's face scrunched in confusion. He looked behind him to see Pedri standing, with his hands on the island, staring right back at him with all due seriousness.

"You're not serious"

"I am too", Pedri answered, walking up to me. "I want to be with her, I feel something with her"

"You feel something with everyone, Pedro; You felt something with Carmen, you felt something with Alejandra, you felt something with Isabella,  you feel, you feel, you feel! You feel something with every girl who comes within a two meter radius from you. It's not what you're assuming it to be, Pedro, trust me it's not. It's just another girl, you'll be obsessed with her, hide her from the media and you'll get over this little crush thing within days".

I sat numb, not understanding what to do.

I was in the same room with two elite men who were clearly way out of my league, fighting over whether I was worth being liked or not. "It's my life, Pablo, and I decide what I want to do with my life", Pedri answered, with a hint of roughness to his tone. "I'm just looking out for you", Gavi countered.

"Well, I don't need it!!"

I flinched at Pedri's raised tone. I'd never heard him shout or do anything near that seriously.

"You're getting all worked up for a girl?", Gavi questioned his friend in disbelief.

"Look, I appreciate you in my life, but I think I can handle my life pretty good for myself", Pedri began, suddenly back to awareness "We're friends but we have our own personal lives as well, I don't go around poking my nose in your business". "What do you mean, you don't go around poking your nose in my business? You just did, by asking me that fucked question in the first place!!".

"Because it was affecting my life!! I can't believe-"

A notification ting on both their phones stopped them from either of them, going any further. 

I sat back, trying to analyze what'd just gone down in the last 20 minutes.

"We need to leave", Pedri stated, quickly running to the room to grab his bag, with Gavi following.

"What happened?", I asked, walking behind them.

"We've been called for a meeting with-"

"Why?"

"I don't know" Pedri replied.

"Any person can speculate", Gavi shot, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"Cut it out", Pedri answered, "I'll text you later", He continued, looking at me. I nodded. He was trying his best to look calm, but I could see he was worried and agitated, his face gave it all away.  "Hey", I said, rubbing his back, "It'll be fine". He smiled. I wanted to smile too, but for some reason, the butterflies weren't working well enough to bring that smile to my face.

"We need to leave!!?", Gavi interrupted. Pedri rolled his eyes before walking out of the house, closing the door behind him. Gavi followed him with a careless shrug, opening the door before looking back at me. "Remember the promise", He reminded, before closing it behind him. Leaving me alone with confusion, guilt and regret.