Chapter 9

"What are they doing here? Are the media reports true?"

I was anxiously pacing in the room and the last thing I wanted was a round of unwanted questions, after cleaning a whole room which hadn't been used since my arrival. "Calm down Nico, I need to think", I sighed, pressing my temples, "Wait, even you saw them? The pictures and-"

"Yes! Yes, Evie, I saw them too, like everyone else in the world", Nico snapped. I groaned in stupidity. Of course he did, word travels fast. Especially when it's scandalous. "Look Evie, I want to look past all the BS because I know, I feel  that's it's not the truth, and that's why-"

"Can I take a shower real quick?!!", Pedri's voice came, "I'm sticky!"

"Go for it!!", I shouted back.

"Evie, focus!", Nico hissed. I nodded and looked back at him. "Evie, I've known you for a long time and from the bottom of my heart, I respect and love you to bits. You've been a great friend and I want to take it further with you". I held my breath, wondering if he was going to do what I thought he was going to do and why on earth he was going to do that, along with million other thoughts that ran wild through my head. "Evelyn, will you-", He began taking out a ring box with one hand while holding my hand with another.

"Sorry for the interruption"

I snapped my head to look at Gavi entering the room. His eyes cold and face stoic. "Get out of here", He growled, glaring at Nico. "What?", Nico responded, clearly still a bit dazed by the sudden turn of events. "Out!", Gavi shouted, with a certain aggression that scared even me. Nico quickly scrambled to his feet and assured me he'd call me later before running out the house.

"What do you want", I asked, frustrated.

"Answers", He replied, closing the door behind him.

"Pedr-"

"In the bathroom", He cut me off.

I huffed, sitting down on the bed before crossing my arms.

"We need to talk, Evelyn"

I groaned, displaying my feigned disinterest. All while my mind refused to let me just walk out of the room. 

"What happened before was-"

"A mistake", I interrupted, "A mistake, Gavi, that's all it was and will ever be so please get over it". I shifted in discomfort when I noticed that my words hurt him just as much and they did me. "Yes", He finally said, "You're right, so let's forget about it". I nodded against my heart. "However, I want you to get away from Pedri", He added. My eyebrows scrunched in question. "What? Why?", I asked. "I want you to stop seeing Pedri", He rephrased.

"Why"

"Or do you want me to tell him what went down between us"

"Are you threatening me?", I questioned.

He raised his eyebrows in affirmation.

"Fine", I answered, staring right into his eyes. "But we forget about that incident"

"Done".

"We're leaving", Gavi told Pedri as soon as he stepped out, towel still wrapped around his waist, water droplets adorning his glorious body. "No we're not", He answered, going to his backpack which was seated on the divan. "Don't start with this right now", Gavi sighed, taking out his phone. "I'll get us a room".  "I don't want some last minute dingy prison cell of a room", Pedri complained. "We can't stay with her", Gavi stated, plain and simple, while avoiding eye contact with me. "And why's that?", His friend questioned, "This is our friend, she's sweet, she's nice, isn't a press person and is kind enough to let us stay over for the night till the club finds us proper and stay-able rooms".  "We don't want to be unwanted guests, do we?".

I could feel his eyes burning into my skin as I tried to speak.

"We're not guests, at least not unwanted ones", Pedri fired back, "Right?".

I felt a lump in my throat.

"Yeah, you can stay over, it's fine", I croaked, "I didn't finish cleaning the other room, so let me go get it done. Give me some time".

I felt needles and pins under my feet with every step I took, the blood that I was covered in from the morning wasn't helping me feel better either. I did not want to break my word to Gavi and I couldn't refuse Pedri.

"Great, now I'll be lucky if I live though tonight", I exhaled after arranging the room to look presentable. It wasn't so bad. "We're coming in", Pedri announced before entering. "Sweet, and it even smells like coconut oil", Gavi remarked. I ducked my head. "Don't let him get to you, he's just saying it to get under your skin", Pedri comforted, rubbing my arm. A quick glance at Gavi was all it took for me to get away from him.

"Just come to my room if you need anything", I said as I exited from the room.

"Your stupidity never fails to amaze me", My conscience mocked, "Letting two high profile guys stay over after all the drama is as smart as letting a terrorist stay over" .