Chapter 18

Gavi's POV

I'd hurt her. 

My chest hurt while my eyes refused to look away from the door that she'd run out of. I could've followed her. Told her I loved her. How I was falling for her harder with each passing day as I knew, she was for me. I could've held her in my arms and been honest to myself. 

But I didn't.

I let her go. The noise of Amanda and Pedri's talking stopped once they realized both me and Evelyn had been gone for too long. 

"Is everything okay?"

Pulled out of my trance, I opened the door.

"She ran away", I stated, pointing at the other door across the bathroom with my eyes.

Silence took over before being replaced by a shrill scream.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN , "SHE RAN AWAY?!!", Amanda screamed, "What. Did. You. DO?!!". I exhaled deeply before pushing her out of the way to grab my car keys. 

"Where're you going?", Pedri asked. "I have work and besides", I looked over at a hyperventilating Amanda, who was getting ready, probably to go look for Evelyn, "I can't stay with grown ass lunatics who behave like children when in under pressure". "Gavi", Pedri stopped me, "Be kind...You don't have to behave like this. Don't push people away". I brushed his hand off before walking to my car. 

The thundering, on top the heavy rain,  began the moment I put my hands on the steering wheel. "Great", I mumbled, "Let's hope you're not dying of hypothermia on some park bench". A flash across the sky reminded me of something, making me grit my teeth. "Or worse still, in some motherfucker's house". 

The relentless raining had blocked many roads. 

"FUCK!!", I shouted in frustration. 

I quickly made a U-turn and drove straight to the hotel that I'd stayed the previous night with Pedri. Throwing my keys to the valet, I took off my jacket. Never be heavy in rain.

She had to be somewhere nearby. She couldn't have gone that far, and according my research, she should've been in the nearest isolated place which could've protected her from the rain. I looked up at her apartment building, this was one reason I'd chosen to stay at a B grade hotel. Observing her gave me the sense of fulfilment, of love and maybe even happiness.

"I have to find her", I whispered to myself, before making my way to that one place I knew, she'd have to be at.

She was dirty, crouched and shivering under a huge tree. My heart hurt but I knew better than to approach her. I didn't want to hurt her more than I'd already done. I cursed myself for letting my feelings get the better of me, for letting myself to get close to her again. I pulled out my phone. 

*She's in the park near her apartment, by the brook*

I hit send, before hiding behind a tree. 

She suddenly began shaking. I fisted my hands when I realized she was crying. I was responsible for those tears, and I couldn't even do anything. I was a fucking retard. I somehow managed to control myself till I saw a familiar figure finally get to her and help her. 

 |                         |                       |

I waited outside her bedroom while Amanda cleaned her with Pedri out buying the necessary medications. 

"Why does it hurt so bad, Mandy?", Evelyn asked her friend weakly. I could sense the lump that was probably growing in her throat as she slowly broke down. 

"Why does what hurt?", Amanda asked, confused, still unaware of everything that'd happened between her friend and me. 

"I fell in love", Evelyn replied.

"With..?"

"Someone I wasn't supposed to fall in love with"

I shut my eyes.

"Are you talking about...Gavi?"

My eyes flew open. My heart beating out of my chest.

"Yes", Evelyn confirmed.

I walked away from the door. How could I have been so selfish? Hurting her was never my intention, but I was doing just that all along, because of my greed. My greed for her. For her love while I refused to return the same. 

"You wouldn't be killing yourself and her, right now, if you'd just accepted your feelings instead of being bitter and fighting them"

I held up my head. I refused to be considered weak. 

"Feelings are an illusion, Pedro. Only idiots believe that they are genuine. I have grown out of that phase of mine where I saw the world through rose tinted glasses, and I think it's time you do the same", I stated, before making my way to the door.

"Why were you there then?"

I froze.

"Why were you there?", He asked again

"What do you mean?"

"I saw you...I have been seeing you, around her, around the places she visits. Everything you do revolves around her. You love her but refuse to accept it because you fear she'd turn out to be like-"

"DON"T!!", I shouted suddenly, surprising my friend. Amanda walked out of the room in shock as I stared down my teammate.

"Don't", I repeated, before storming out of the apartment.

Hey Everyone!!

I'd really appreciate it if you'd leave your thoughts in the comment section and also, Should I write more chapters with Gavi's POV?

XOXO

Nemie  <3