1

"Aigoo. My poor noona," my teenage brother, Hyunsuk, grins as he enters the kitchen. He caught me staring at Lisa's picture on the newspaper because she got an award for being a successful executive of a company. "You've been staring at her picture all day. How about you bring her here and finally introduce your rich girl to us? Do you think she would buy me a motorcycle if I ask her?"

"Hyunsuk!" I scolded him. "This is why I won't ever let you meet her."

He pouted. "Just kidding Noona. She seems like a nice girl though. You should really bring her soon, even Mom gets sad that you've never introduced her to us."

"She's just too busy," I looked away.

How could I ask Lisa to meet my parents if she doesn't even consider having me meet her family?

She doesn't ask to meet mine either.

Maybe she's just too busy.

She even cancelled on me yesterday when she promised to pick me up from work, saying she got held up at her own company.

I grimaced when my brother opened the fridge to chug directly on the pitcher.

"Ya! Stop being disgusting!"

He just grinned and dashed away.

I sometimes wonder how Lisa would react to these trivial things about my family. She's born of a rich family and it's obvious with the way she dress, the way she talks and the way she chooses the most expensive restaurants for our dates when it's her turn to choose.

"I hired a new consultant," she mentioned the last time we talked.

"Oh," I raised my eyes to meet hers, surprised that she's talking about other people, "Is he bothering you?"

"No, she's good at her job. So I think I'll have less problems in the company and more time for you," she grins. "She's a bit annoying but it's bearable though."

"That's great," I pushed for a smile.

I scrolled on her instagram to see her story, thinking if this girl beside her is that new girl. She's pretty, looks young and smiling brightly beside Lisa. It's a group photo. The rest are familiar to me because... well it's not that I stalk Lisa's Instagram. She seldom posts so I try to check her tagged posts, and she knows it.

"Oooh, I got a pretty stalker," she chuckles.

"Whatever. Lisa, you should smile more. Why do you always look so scary when you're with your employees?"

"It's because I'm angry that you're far away," she kisses the back of my hand.

"Liar," I scrunched my nose.

"It's real. I only smile on our pictures together, ever notice that?"

"No, you're smiling widely on your solo picture yesterday."

"That's because I got promoted to executive!" she laughs. "Isn't that why we're celebrating today?"

I sigh, loving to see her laugh and be happy. "Congratulations Lisa. I'm so proud of you."

I miss her already.

"You're smiling widely here too," I murmur to myself while looking at that group picture still.

I poked her pretty face with my thumb. "Pretty."

My eyes widened when Lisa's caller ID suddenly popped on the screen.

I quickly answered it and smiled. "Lisa!"

She chuckles on the other end. "You sound excited. Did you miss me that much?"