3

"I miss you," she said when she surprisingly showed up one morning at the corner of my street, after 3 days of not seeing each other.

"Good morning to you too," I giggled when she smooched my cheeks with kisses.

I held her face to steady her, looking around to make sure no one is there, before aiming for her lips.

She hums in delight, smiling with her lips still pressed on mine. "Mornings like this are the best," she says, tickling my lips as she murmured.

"And this morning is out of ordinary," I pulled away, looking at her. "Not that I don't want it, but why are you here again? And this early?"

"You make it sound like it's weird to see each other a lot," she pouts.

"Isn't it?"

"I hate you sometimes," she snorts, pulling me once again to kiss my lips, which I only indulged in for a few seconds.

"Oh no, is Ms. Manoban getting addicted to my kiss?"

"Always had been," she grinned, taking a step back to open her car door for me. "Come in, Jisoo gave you permission to be late at work."

"What? You can't do that!"

"But she did," she smirks. "Let's just say I owe her some drinks. All worth it if I can have breakfast with you."

"You are being so romantic lately, and always in my area, should I be worried?"

I said that as a joke but something flashed in her eyes.

She probably saw the worry on my face after seeing her like that.

"I'll just miss you," she sighs. "We extended our business trip in Japan to three weeks."

My silly heart dropped, as if seeing Lisa more often these days made me vulnerable to going crazy if I won't see her even for just a week.

"Oh," I tried not to frown, "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow night."

Now, I frowned. But it's okay, at least I'll see her again sooner than if she leaves on a later date.

"With who?"

Her long pause gave it away.

"With Bogum and Rosé," she said quietly. She looked guilty.

Which made me feel guilty for making her feel this way. It's work, she's a professional.

"Well, it's not like you'll share a room right?" I let out a forced laugh.

"Yeah... not exactly. I think my secretary booked an adjoining room for us, Bogum on a separate hotel room."

"Oh, that's fine then. Understandable," I nod, making her sigh in relief. I plastered a small smile on my face, "Don't worry about me. I know you'll be thinking at me before you close your eyes or with your eyes closed while you work... on something."

I kept my grin on my face, her mouth zeroed with what I just said.

"Jennie Kim, you..." she gasps.

I just laughed, getting in her car and closing it before I hear more from her. With my hands on my cheeks, I tried to stop myself from feeling embarrassed. I tried not to be ashamed either. She's my girlfriend, surely we can say those stuff now. Specially when she said it first.

When she entered her car, still with a dopey smile on, she let out a sigh while looking at me.

"I will work really hard for you," she leans on me, one hand on her car compartment, the other on the back of my seat. "And deal with you when I come back. Tease."