20

"Hey... what are you doing here this early?" I asked, wide-eyed seeing Jennie on my front door the very next morning. It's only been a few hours since I dropped her home from the bar. I looked at the wall clock inside my unit, "It's just 5 in the morning. Is everything okay?"

"I bought you coffee and bread..." she shyly lifts her hands. Her one hand has 2 cups of coffee through a paper holder while the other is holding a small paper bag.

"Come in," I took all of it before letting her in. I pushed the door close behind me then placed all of those on the table. "I was also planning to go to your house, you know?"

"Really?" her face lit up.

It's not fair that she was more drunk than I was last night, and probably just as sleep-deprived as I was, but she still managed to look so adorable... even when she's being awkward.

"Yeah, I have something to tell you

"Yeah, I have something to tell you."

"Me too," she says, suddenly taking a stride to close our distance, "Last night, when I tried to talk, you said it's been a long day and it was just Monday. So I came here before the day gets long, and since it's already Tuesday..."

"What are you talking about..." a smile was playing on my lips.

She took a deep breath, maintaining her focus on me, "Honey... You asked why I said things I didn't mean."

"Yeah, why did you break up with me?" I asked specifically, having her wince with my choice of words.

"I didn't mean that," she frowned. "But..."

I raised a brow. "But?"

"With Andrew, there was nothing so big that he could lie about... at least, nothing big enough to scare me the way that you do."

I tilt my head in confusion, narrowing my brows, "I'm not sure if I should be scared..."

"Listen to me first," she pleads, interlacing our fingers. I nodded and let her. "I'm saying there was no excuse for what I did."

"But that wasn't what you said-"

"Lalisa!" she looks like she's about to cry out of frustration.

I suppressed my laugh, pulling her into my arms while I look at her lovingly. "Jennie Kim, do you love me?"

She pouts, "With all my heart."

Mine was flustered but I tried not to dwell on it.

"Did you want to break up with me?"

She shakes her head exaggeratedly, "No!"

"Will you do that again?" I kept questioning.

"I hope not," she frowned, then shook her head a little, looking at me determined, "I won't. Promise."

"And if you do?"

She took a deep breath, looking at me seriously. "Then I'm doomed because there's no way you'll give me another chance. That's why I will never do that again."