16

"Leave him alone, Lisa."

I glared at Hyeri. "What? I'm not doing anything."

She grinned. "Just practicing. I feel like you'll be power-tripping on him soon, with the way you're eyeing him all morning."

"I'm just looking out for everyone."

I tried to focus on my papers. Damn, I must have been too obvious. Junmyeon is competent at work, alright. And I'm being professional.

At work, we should be working as a team and not as competition.

He looks happy though.

I can't help but wonder if it's also because of Jennie. If Jennie wants me to stay close with her, what about Junmyeon then?

Bringing out my phone, I typed a message for Jennie. I was surprised that she immediately saw it and replied.

To Jennie: Good morning Jennie. Lunch?

From Jennie: i'm not in the office :(

To Jennie: Are you still sick?

I got worried again. To my surprise, she was suddenly calling. I quickly cleared my throat and answered.

"Jen?"

"I'm not sick. I'm just here at our branch. Jisoo even came with me to work, but right now she's just being annoying to Nayeon and the guys. I think she missed them too."

"Oh," I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling now that I heard her voice for the first time today. "I thought I can see you today."

"Jisoo will be buying lunch for our team and have it delivered here. Do you want to come?"

I placed my fist against my mouth, hiding my smile from no one.

"No, it's okay. I know you missed them. I don't want to intrude."

"Okay then..." I can imagine her pouting.

"Do you," my habit of biting my fingernail when I'm nervous was really hard to break. I lowered my voice, unsure, "Want me to drive you home later?"

Like the old times.

"Well..." I can hear the smile in her voice, her tone playful, "I can't stop you, can I?"

"Yep. I'm unstoppable," I bit my finger, my cheeks hurt from smiling too much. I leaned my head on my chair, looking outside the windows. "I can't wait to see you."

"Me too, Lis. Me too." Her voice was getting smaller and smaller. I can imagine it's just like her eyes, too.

My hand on my chest, I tapped my heart a little.

I think.. things are starting to look up on my favor, on our favor.

"Slow and steady," I murmur to myself, smiling and nodding like a fool.

I didn't want to keep waiting for work hours to be over, because then it would just feel longer. So I tried to be as productive as I can... still smiling, of course. Stupidly.

"Come in," I said while I was still busy typing my report on my computer, upon hearing someone knock.

"I kinda missed this place."

My fingers froze as I slowly looked up to her.

Brows furrowed, I tilted my head to the side while watching her walk closer to my table.

"Long time no see, Lisa."

"What's a rock star doing here in our office?" I asked, standing up to round my table, still in shock to see Rosé. "You should've told me you're coming-"