4th Text

School ends in about 2 weeks. Usually I skip the last week of school because it's really just the teachers trying to come up with anything to teach because they ran out of curriculum and most of the time none of the assignments go into the grade book. 

So really there was just one week left of school. Especially since i don't have many friends who are in the same grade as me, and even then there isn't really anyone in my school I'm friends with except kinda Luz. 

Ever since she changed her hair back to how it used to be before she went to summer camp and started walking around Gravesfield more we have started talking a lot, especially now that I'm really good friends with Hunter. Even then we aren't very close like we used to be.

It was a monday and I walked out my door and slipped my headphones on. Oblivious to the world around me I didn't notice the gaggle of people behind me trying to get my attention until someone tapped me on the shoulder. I whipped my head backwards to be met with the group of people I call my 'Acquaintances' Luz, Amity, Gus, and my best friend Hunter. 

Ever since the movie night Hunter and I had, Willow hasn't talked to me, at all. She also seems weirdly distant from Hunter, before the movie night she was always really close to him but now she tries to be as far away as possible. Like today she didn't come with Luz to walk her to school like she always does. I wonder what's up with that?

"Hey Y/n! Wanna walk with us?"  Luz asked bringing me out of my thoughts "Oh! Of course!" I started walking alongside the group when I heard Amity and Gus whispering about something. I turned to Hunter then motioned at the two. He just shrugged. 

------Read-------

I walked out of school for the hundredth time and slipped my headphones on. I decided instead of listening to music i was gonna call Hunter. 

Dial tone....

Dial tone...

"Hello?" I heard Hunter speak from the other end. "Hey Hunter! I was wondering if you wanted to go on an adventure today!" I asked cheerfully. "Ooo Sounds ominous what kind of adventure?" He asked. "Well, I wondered if you wanted to go walk around the forest that's right outside of town! I have a surprise I wanna show you!" I spoke into the microphone embedded into my headphones. 

"Sure! Sounds fun! Where do you wanna meet?" He asked cheerfully. "I'm outside your house right now, if you wanna come out..." I said menacingly. "Aggh noo please don't hurt me!!!" He teased. 

He opened the front door and I hung up. "You ready to go?" I asked him. "Ready as I'll ever be." we started walking towards the forest. 

"Let's see if I remember correctly..." I tried to remember as I studied the forest floor. "Ahah! Here it is!" I picked up a rock with an arrow on it pointing in a direction. "Follow me!" I said gleefully as I took Hunter's hand and ran through the forest. I kept running until we came to a clearing, with one big tree in the middle. "Ah, here we are." I slowly approached the tree not noticing my hand was still intertwined with Hunter's.

I looked up at the tree and saw a small tree house sitting comfortably in one of the crooks of the tree. I climbed up the boards that were nailed into the tree and hoisted myself up inside the tree house.

"Come on!" I yelled down at hunter who walked over to the first board that was being held up by a single nail. "What? You too chicken?" I teased. He scrunched up his nose annoyed and I laughed. He started climbing up and eventually made it to the top. 

"Oh my Titan that was terrifying." He said as he clung to the floor. "Titan?" I asked. His face went pale "It's uhm- It's from a TV show!" He said trying to rationalize why he said that. I shrugged and got up. "Feast your eyes..." I flipped on a switch and lights that were strung around the tree house lit up.