3rd Text

My routine continued like usual, I walked downstairs grabbed my bag, and opened the door. This time Hunter wasn't waiting there awkwardly. I took a deep breath of air. It was slowly getting warmer as the end of the school year approached. "Mm, Summer" I whispered as I put my headphones on and played my playlist. 

I walked to school without any problems and I didn't see Luz. When I got to my locker I put my stuff away and headed to my first class. 

I sat down and started daydreaming. 

------Read-------

The day had ended and I didn't see Luz in any of our classes. I shrugged it off and started the walk home. I passed Luz's house but I didn't want to disturb them. As I walked into my house I felt my phone vibrating. I checked it to see Hunter was calling. 

"Hello?" I answered. "Hey, Y/n! I wanted to see... if... you could... hang dut? What?" He sounded like he was reading from a script. I heard another voice whisper something. "Hang out! Ugh I messed it up didn't I." He pouted. I chuckled "I'd love to hang out. What do you want to do?" I heard a gasp. "Oh Uhm, I was thinking maybe you could come to Luz's house and... talk? That's all you could think of?" He whispered the last part. 

I laughed. "I'll be there in a couple of minutes." "Ok! See you soon!!" He celebrated. I hung up the phone and put my bag down. I left a note for my mom in case she came home early and walked out the door. 

I knocked on the door and the girl I think her name was Willow, answered. "Oh! Y/n! Can I help you?" She asked and tilted her head. "Oh, Hunter invited me over..." I shuffled my feet awkwardly. "Oh! Ok, come in." She opened the door and welcomed me in. Hunter ran up the stairs and stopped when he saw me. "Oh! You're here!!" He ran up to me. I held out my hand for him to high-five. He looked puzzled for a moment but then slapped my hand. 

"Here come on, let's talk downstairs." I followed him down the stairs, he led me into a very cozy basement with a sewing machine and a bunch of old antiques. Gus was sitting on the couch playing something on a switch. "Ugh, I can't figure out how to get past this shrine! Hunter help- Oh! Y/n!" He sat up and turned off the switch. 

I waved my hand. "Have you played this game before?" He turned the switch back on and showed me the game. "Oh! Breath Of The Wild, yeah I've played it before," I took the switch from him and sat on the couch. I started doing the shrine for him when Hunter sat down next to me. When our knees touched I felt a shock go through my body. Not a bad kind though. I shrugged it off. 

From: Hunter

I sat down next to Y/n and when our knees touched I felt a weird sensation shoot through me. I blushed and looked at Gus. He has been giving me relationship advice ever since I told him about Y/n. When we made eye contact he yawned the mentioned towards Y/n. He meant for me to do a trick to put my arm around her, which we saw in this old movie about a weird devil man. 

I started to yawn when- "Here ya go Gus, I finished it for you." I immediately put my arms back down and stared at the wall awkwardly. "Oh, thank you Y/n! How did you get it so fast?" Gus asked her as he took the gaming device back. "I've played through the game a couple of times so I've done that shrine a lot." she smiled. 'That smile...'  I thought fondly.

"Aaaanyways, I'll leave you two be, I have to go help Camilla with... something." Gus excused himself. He ran up the stairs, stomping to the top.

Awkwardness set in and I twiddle with my fingers. She shifted on the couch and sat crossed-legged facing me. My eyes met hers. I started getting lost n her E/c eyes. I was knocked out of my state of euphoria when I heard a "Psst" coming from the staircase. I looked up to see Gus, who was motioning for us to watch a movie.