1st Text

A/n: hey thanks for reading this! I wanted to say that when it says: From: Hunter that means it's a POV switch to Hunter, I just wanted to stick to the texting theme.

I walked through Gravesfield, it was mid-day and I wanted to check the library. I walked in and B lined for the Graphic Novels. I glided my fingers across the blinds until someone else's hand brushed against mine.

I quickly retracted my hand and so did the mysterious person. I looked up to see who this puzzling figure was only to lock eyes with a boy who looked my age. He had ash blonde hair, styled with a swoop of hair hanging down from his face and a scar on his cheek. He wore big overhead, headphones covering his ears.

"Oh uh, sorry.." he blushed and looked to the side. "No biggie, say, I've never seen you around Gravesfield... did you just move in?" I asked. The boy looked a little panicked at first then calmed himself down.

"Um, I'm a friend of Luz, I'm staying with her here for a while. My name is Hunter," he told me. I smiled and held out my hand for him to shake it. He gladly did and I said in a posh voice, "Nice to meet you, Hunter, my name is Y/n of house L/n, a descendant of town heroes, The Wittibane Brothers." I joked, Hunter's face went pale. "R- Really?" He stuttered. I snickered a little "Nah, just pulling your leg. I moved here 5 years ago."

Relief washed over Hunter. An awkward silence set into the aisle. "Soooo, what are you doing in the graphic novel section, Hunter?" I asked to try and start up another conversation. He tensed up a little and looked around nervously. "I- Uh, Well I saw this book! I thought I would check it out!" he held up a Dog Man book. I snickered, "I mean I've never read those books but aren't they for children?" his confident face vanished as he realized what he was holding.

"Oh Uhm I mean uh-" He stuttered. I laughed, "Hey it's ok, can I have your number? You seem like a fun guy to talk to." I asked. He opened his mouth a little and his face went red. He just stared at me. "Uhm, Hunter? Hello, anyone in there?" I knocked on his forehead. He quickly snapped back to reality. "Oh uhm yes here!" I handed him my phone and he entered his number.

"Cool, I'll make sure to text you later!" I waved as I walked off and out of the library.

From: Hunter

After I gave Y/n my number I ran back to Luz and started squealing. "Luz! Luz! You'll never guess what just happened!" I yelled. Multiple people in the library shushed me but I ignored them.

Luz smiled "What??!!" She asked eagerly. "I got her number! The girl I have been seeing around Gravesfield!" I said excitedly. Luz looked confused "What." She asked unenthused. "I thought you liked Willow" she stated flatly. "What? No. I never really did..." Luz's eyes widened. "Oh. Well, congrats!" She said trying to hold back worry.

I simply shrugged it off and walked over to one of the tables in the library. My phone buzzed and I eagerly opened it and unlocked it. I opened my messages to see a message from an unknown number. I eagerly opened it to see "Your car warranty-" Ugh. Not Y/n.

I shut off my phone and set it down. I leaned back in my chair surveying the scene. 'What did Luz mean when she thought I liked Willow? I mean I like her as a friend but not like like...' I thought.

From: Y/n

I got home and went up to my room, I sat on my bed and pulled out my phone. "Oh yeah, I was gonna text that blonde kid from earlier." I looked through my contacts and got the number he put in. I texted:

+1 801-766-0701: Hey! Is this Hunter?

Almost immediately the three dots appeared and he started responding.

Hunter: yep! I assume this is Y/n?

+1 801-766-0701: yep

Hunter: cool I'll add your contact.

I closed my phone and pulled the covers up to my chin. My eyes slowly closed and I drifted off to sleep...

From: Hunter

"WHAT?!" Gus yelled as we walked home, the sun started to set. The whole group turned around in concern and I covered Gus' mouth.

Everyone shrugged and then kept walking. "What do you mean you don't like Willow?!" Gus whisper yelled. "Why does everyone assume I like her?" I asked defensively. "Because you guys would be so cute together!" Gus said cheerfully.

I rolled my eyes. And walked a little faster so I was in front of him. Gus noticed and met my speed. "Sorry, you're allowed to like whoever you want... speaking of tell about this Y/n girl..." Gus led on. "Well," I blushed. "I have been seeing her around Gravesfield a lot. For some reason, she just seems so... interesting? Intriguing? Enduring? I'm not sure, but I just found myself wanting to talk and be around her more often. So today I got the courage to actually talk to her!" I boasted.

The sun had long set and stars poked their way through the sky. Willow stopped and started walking beside me. "Hey, guys! What are you talking about?" She asked. I opened my mouth to talk but as soon as I did Gus' hand slapped over my mouth. "Oh, nothing just about... cars? Anyways how are you, Willow?" He asked as he shoved me aside to stand by Willow.

They started talking and I fell back a little to do some thinking. I felt a buzz in my pocket and took out my phone.

I texted back a thumbs-up emoji and closed my phone. I looked around and watched everyone laugh and have fun in front of me. I smiled fondly, 'How did I end up so lucky?'

(1038 words)

A/n: First chapter!!! I'm really excited about this one I have been planning it for a while...

-Coraline<3