Chapter 48 - Déjà vu

Dedicated toDrop792  — RainOther account — Rain_can_write3 _______________________________

Dedicated to
Drop792 — Rain
Other account — Rain_can_write3
_______________________________

To Rain — A wholehearted thank you for your support. This chapter is dedicated to you as a recognition of my appreciation of you and our friendship 💗 I advise you not to read further as I know you haven't gotten to this point of the story.

You are the definition of caring enthusiasm. You are wise beyond your years. Surprisingly, you can't cope with sad endings, while both of us sure have our fun tormenting our characters. But really, it makes sense knowing you have a big heart, and in the end, it is all about the journey. I must admit I've been enjoying your comments while waiting for Sal and Elvis to happen. Maybe I've laughed a little too evilly, but it is all in good fun 👀

For the countless conversations, for sharing of yourself and your trust—thank you. For listening, being there and carrying your heart at your sleeve, when I know what that took of you 💕

This chapter was the immediate thought that came to mind when learning about your happiness of seeing Elvis enjoy himself without a care in the world.

_______________________________

◌ ◌ ◌

Elvis POV

25th of June, 1957

«Cut!» Richard called. «That's a wrap on Jailhouse Rock. Congratulations, you did it!»

While greatly smiling, thanks to having enjoyed the cast, the story, and the whole scene around this picture, I felt a pit in my stomach—saddened by the inevitable end that played out in front of me. Starring as Hunk, my cellmate, I walked up to Mickey. With fifteen more years to his name, he would be bound to know a thing or two more than I—someone who had only been in the acting game for less than a year.

Steady hands met before a hug got exchanged. «I learned so much from you, Mickey. I'm never gonna forget it.»

«Boy, it was an honour working with you.» He grabbed my shoulders with a smile making up his entire face, shaking me, and leaving me with a good ol' punchy pat. As he let me go, I turned to Judy. Wearing her white shirtdress from the last scene, I prided the patterned bathrobe. Last summer, I had a crush on Debra, my co-star from my Love Me Tender days. However, I had never gotten to know a co-star like I did Judy. Not seeing her would make knowing what to do with Sal a lot more challenging. Closing in on the feet separating us, I embraced her. «You were brilliant, Judy.»