seventeen

im tryna develop them a bit before they get closer but it feels like im j writing endless filler chapters

could it be that ive forgotten how to write

ramadan mubarak <3

~no pov

Draco was right. 

Harry Potter was much less put-together than Draco. He opened the door with a lazy grin, holding a bottle of wine, wearing a white tank top and black boxers. Just boxers. No bottoms.

"Er, Potter, are you forgetting something?" He gave the Saviour a once-over. 

"No." The brunet replied casually and walked away from the door, leaving Draco to close the door and lock up. 

Scorpius was staying over at the neighbours, and would be there for the morning after too, so if Draco wanted to have a late night and drink, then that would be fine. He'd have enough time to deal with a hangover the next day. 

Besides, he had hangover potions for that reason. And Salazar, were they a lifesaver.

"You want something to drink?" Potter offered.

"Why not?"

Please, Salazar, God even, don't let me do something dumb when I'm drunk.

Draco was a very interesting drunk. He would either ramble about how much he hated life or he would flirt with anything that breathed. He was either overly confident or more self-depreciating than normal. 

He hoped he'd be neither.

But despite all that, he was relaxed. If he rambled, he didn't care. If he flirted, he didn't care. And he loved not caring about things. It was nice to let his mind slow down a bit.

"Wanna do shots?" 

Draco Malfoy, if he hadn't become an almost completely different person in the muggle world for seven years, would not have understood that. In fact, he wouldn't have even been civil with Harry Potter.

"Sure."

Ninety-seven calories per shot of vodka-

Shut the hell up. Now is not the time to calorie count.

"I'm surprised you came." Potter smiled, placing the vodka and two shot glasses down onto the kitchen bar with a soft thud. 

It felt normal for Draco to be sitting on a bar stool in Potter's kitchen. Every time the Malfoys visited, Draco would sit at the kitchen bar and drink coffee. It was weird to be there without kids, drinking vodka instead of coffee.

"I was bored, you were bored. Seemed like a simple solution."

He was not, in fact, bored. He was having a mental breakdown and on the verge of killing himself by slitting a major artery and/or veins. Not on purpose, of course. Just the potential side-effect of having access to a blade whilst being in a depressive state 

"Well, let's drink the boredom away." The brunet grinned. "To not having our kids here."

"I quite like having my kid around." Draco said protectively, but raised his shot glass to meet Potter's with a satisfying clink.

Draco was closer to being a heavyweight than a lightweight, but he hadn't eaten in a bit, so the alcohol would definitely enter his bloodstream much quicker. 

"I like Scorpius. He's so sweet and polite and well-behaved and it's shocking that he came from you." Potter joked.

Draco agreed, and he knew the teasing was playful, but it still hurt a little. Maybe he was being sensitive because he was literally having a mental breakdown before Apparating here, but whatever.