twenty-five

i wonder what would happen if i j died like 

not even in a suicidal way im j bored n i wanna know what happens after death

~no pov

"Do you remember when Malfoy got smacked by a Hippogriff?" Ron laughed to himself, laughing harder when he saw the blush on the blond's face.

"What's a Hippogriff?" Both kids asked.

"A magical animal you'll learn about later." Hermione said simply. Describing the animal would only confuse the kids, and potentially make them worry about the fact that her old classmate got hurt by one.

"It was a stupid decision and I regret it to this day." The blond sighed. "I still have the scars from where it scratched me. That sh- thing really hurt." 

"So you weren't just being dramatic?" Ron asked. "I really thought you were just attention-seeking."

"Nope. All of the dramatics were very real." 

"What have you been up to since Hogwarts?" Hermione asked. She couldn't help it; the thought of a pureblood who lived off of magic his entire life not being able to do magic anymore was intriguing. She was desperate to analyse his new life.

"Reading. Lots of it, actually."

"Father loves reading." Scorpius piped in. "We have a whole room filled with books and father sorts them into different layouts when he's bored. Sometimes it's rainbow, sometimes it's by the person-who-wrote-them's name or the book name. It's very pretty."

Hermione was ecstatic. "I absolutely need to see your library. I will pay you to see your library."

Malfoy was hesitant, which was unsurprising. Harry still hadn't gone over to his house, and their friendship had developed quite a bit in the past few months.

"Oh, er, I'm- it's a bit messy right now." He lied.

"No it isn't." Scorpius said.

"It is. I'm cleaning things up that you haven't seen, you little monster."

"That's mean."

"Boohoo." 

Harry laughed at that. The two reminded him of him and his own kid. He liked seeing Malfoy and his kid bonding or even just interacting. Something about a guy that was good with kids was just enticing.

"You should come over and see my library." Hermione challenged. "I sort it out when I'm bored as well, but it's not that often, since I've got work and the little troublemakers. But right now, it's sorted by author's names in alphabetical order." 

"Mine's colour coded but also alphabetically." Malfoy stated. "Do you sort them by magic or by hand?" 

"Magic." Hermione said, regretting it when she saw the crestfallen look on Malfoy's face. The look vanished almost immediately. "With the kids running around and complaining, I never have the time to do it by hand. Besides, I like to treat my books very delicately, and magic helps."

"Tell me you don't break the spines."

"Of course not. What do I look like? A monster?" 

Harry and Ron laughed, both smiling after. It was nice to see their best friend bond with someone who understood her love and respect for books. Ron wouldn't mind staying longer if it meant seeing his wife happy talking to someone who matched her in an intellectual way.

"Scorpius doesn't break the spines either, do you?" The older Malfoy ruffled his kid's hair, proudly.

"Nope. Father said to start them young, and I don't know what that means. But I treat books with respect."