Ming

"Tak... what happened? Why are you crying? Relax baby.. Phi is here..  anything you can tell me.."

"Anything, uncle? Anything?"

Tak's sobs kept getting caught in his words. I nodded my head fitfully and looked at him. He cried even harder. I hugged him tightly and kissed his head numerous times to try and soothe him.

Finally, Tak spat out what was bothering him.

"Ma.. Pa.. daddy..  they fight.. daddy doesn't...want to be...there..he want...papa again.."

I looked at Tak, stunned, wondering on how to respond. Tak just sobbed in my arms. I jsut held onto the poor kid, cradled in my arms when Yo came into the living room. His face looked as stricken as mine. I looked at him and burrowed my eyebrows. He sighed softly. I beckoned him over and he scooted in and he took Tak in his arms.

I decided to give father and son their private time and slipped out to the hallway. Pha was still standing there quietly.

"Why don't you take a seat here first? Yo will be out shortly. Let him settle Tak."

Pha nodded and sat down on the small couch in the hallway. I stood there, not sure on what to do. I finally decided it didn't make sense to just stand there aimlessly. I asked Pha if he wanted a drink. He nodded and I went into the kitchen to fix him and Tak a drink each. I got Tak a hot chocolate and Pha some coffee. Pha just observed as I very comfortably moved around the kitchen and handled everything.

He was having his drink and I was jsut accompanying him when Tak called out to me. I excused myself and went over to Yo and Tak. Yo whispered in my ear thar he wanted me to put him to bed and I nodded.

Yo passed Tak to me who just clung onto me like a little koala whilst Yo decided to go speak to Pha. But when Yo turned around, Pha was standing there observing everything quietly. Yo didn't say a word and just walked towards him.

I carried Tak, got him to bade good night to Pha and we went into the bedroom. It took me about 30 minutes but finally Tak fell asleep. Just as I came out into the hall, my manager called me, wanting to meet up for a quick one about some upcoming shoot. I looked at Yo who just nodded understandingly at me.

I told my manager I will see him in about 40 minutes and then I took my leave from Pha and Yo. Pha just watched as I collected my keys and wallet and left.

Just as i left the house, I heard Pha ask Yo, "He doesn't stay here?"

I chuckled to myself as I knew Pha must be wrecking his head over our relationship. But yet I also knew firmly in my heart for some reason, Yo would make the right choice.

And I was going to stand by him regardless of what he did. Or was about to do.