Ming

I didn't say a single word to Yo after that for the rest of the day. I cannot deny that I was at fault but I was making an effort to reconnect again and Yo was just plain refusing to even try.

Did he really think he was the only one who suffered the last 7 years? I stopped talking to him, my one and only best friend. It left me scarred, scared to even find another person to confide in and I completely kept to myself only. I only did modelling because I only needed to use my face and nothing else. I didn't have to interact with people.

I went home and only hung out with my dog, visiting my parents occasionally and working just super hard to pass my hours. I had friends but close ones? I stopped letting them in and only let them hear what they needed or I was comfortable sharing.

When I saw Yo again, I was so happy and was hoping we could reconnect and be friends again. I know we couldn't be best friends but at least as a friend. That was all I was asking. But he didn't even want to give me that chance.

Yo came into the dressing room. I had a shoot around 11am so he had to do my make up for me. I just sat quietly as he did it. His eyes did flicker to me and he watched me as he did his work but I kept mine firmly straight ahead. My heart was aching and shit, before I realized it, I had teared. Damn! I was going to mess up his make up. I opened my mouth to apologise before he scolded me or something.

But Yo very quickly took a Q tip and just dabbed at the corners, cleaning up the smudged eyeliner. He also cleaned up any patches and stepped back.

"All OK?"

I looked at him and nodded. I saw him sigh softly as he continued doing my make up. After that, I went for my shoot and this continued till 5pm. At 5pm, I went to collect my car and came back to pack up my stuff. As I was packing my things up, Yo came into the room.

I was abit surprised to see him as I knew he had another client. I just continued packing my stuff as Yo took his make up kit. I was about to leave the room when Yo held onto my hand and stopped me.

"That dinner offer at 8pm, is it still valid?"

I looked at Yo, my eyes instantly glimmering. I nodded hesitantly at him, wondering if he was going where I thought he was with it.

"I will be done by 8pm. Latest 8.30pm. Do you want to check out the Thai place around here? It's less than 5km away."

"Sounds good. I see you there?"

Yo nodded. I left to go home for a quick shower, change of clothes and popped back out to go meet Yo. I reached the eatery first at around 7.45pm and I sat down, humming away softly. As it got closer to 8pm, I got more and more nervous, about meeting Yo in such a setting for the first time in a long while. Yo reached there around 8.15pm and was looking for me. I waved at him and he came over.

"Sorry, did you wait long?"

"Uh no. I just got here earlier. I took a look at the menu. You wanna browse too?"

Yo nodded and perused the menu. Once he was done, we placed the order.

"Where's Tak?"

"He's with his parents for the weekend. "

"Oh okays." Then it hit me what Yo just said and I looked at him in shock and went? "What?!"

Yo just looked up at me, taken aback by my tone.

"I'm sorry. I... Tak calls you Papa? So I was confused...."

Yo looked at me for the longest period before sighing.

"Tak is my son. He stays with me but he spends weekends with his other set of parents."

"Er.. who are Tak's parents?"

"You will know them pretty well. It's my sister and Pha."

WHAT? My mouth just dropped open at this and I was fucking stunned into silence. I stared at Yo in shock as he looked up to address our server who came by with our food. Though he didn't say anything else, his glimmering eyes and quivering lips gave away the pain it had caused when he said that.

And all I could do, was look stunned and completely flabbergasted.