Ming

I woke up, blearily, rubbing my eyes. It was Saturday and I finally had the day off in weeks. I looked over at the clock and it was only 8am.

I got out of bed, showered, changed and decided to go check on Tak. I made some cheese sandwiches and went over to Yo's. I knocked on the door and waited. A little while later, the door opened and I came face to face with Yo, whose just spotted some teary eyes. He rubbed his eyes away quickly when he saw me.

"Morning. What brings you here?"

"Are you ok? Why are you crying?"

"Nothing. Something just got into my eyes. I'm ok. Don't worry."

I wasn't convinced but I knew better than to force Yo. I just nodded and asked for Tak since I just wanted to check in on him. That's when Yo stunned me with his reply.

"He isn't here. He went back to Pha today morning. Was picked up around 7am."

"He was just here last night. Why did he go back?"

"It's Pha's weekend so he has to go back."

"But you told me Pha was the one who said Tak can be with you since he didn't want to make him feel upset or worse after the hospital incident."

Yo just smiled but it was a bittersweet one laced with pain.

"His mom insisted he come back since it was their weekend. So he was picked up."

"Yo..."

"It's okays. He be back tomorrow night. The nanny went over so she will keep me updated on how Tak is."

I knew it was tearing Yo apart inside, having Tak away from him when he was still recovering. I sighed softly.

"What's that?"

"I made cheese sandwiches for Tak."

"Oh, thank you Ming. I am sorry that he can't enjoy them today."

"It's fine. I will make it again for him. I made this already. Please have it."

Yo looked at me and the box and finally accepted it, thanking me gratefully. I hummed and was about to take my leave when Yo stopped me.

"Any plans today?"

"Hmm, no. It's my day off. So I am going to bring Rue out for a walk and come back."

"Rue?"

"My Maltese."

"Oh so cute! Do you have a picture?"

"I have one better. She's at home. Do you have anything today? Do you want to come over to meet her?"

Yo nodded and he told me to give him a while. I nodded. I passed him my address and I went back, to quickly clean the place abit. I was excited that Yo was coming over and knew he didn't like messy spaces. I started cleaning quickly and about 40 minutes later, a fresh faced Yo turned up with some cookies and fruit. I nagged at him for the gift but he insisted and came in.