Yo

I nagged at Tak for being up till 2am! Just because he had no school the next day didn't mean he could stay up awake. The nanny was so apologetic, saying that Tak refused to listen and insisted on waiting for me.

I sighed, ruffled Tak's hair and carried him in.

"It's late na. Let's get you to sleep ok?"

"Okays. Will you bring me in to work tomorrow?"

"I have to be there at 8am. But you can come in when you are up and awake ok?"

Tak nodded eagerly and went off to sleep. I smiled at this kid of mine and went to get a cold shower in and changed out. I sat down, nursing a cup of tea and my eyes flitted over to the photographs that were on my table.

There were photos of Ming, Pha and my sister. I just looked at these photos sadly, distraught that every single one of them were not in my life anymore. I got reminded of Ming's words on me being married and I looked at my ring finger again. It all went to nought.

I just sighed as I laid back, finishing up the cup of tea. I went to pack my bag for the shoot and prepared my outfit too. I slept in and finally woke up around 7am. I got ready and grabbed my bag, heading out to my car. Just as I was about to get in, I noticed Ming coming out from his condo 2 doors down. The bloody world was too small. Didn't meet him for 7 years and now he pops up everywhere!

I just got into my car and rode off. Once I got to work, I informed the receptionist that Tak will be coming in later. She nodded; Tak was a regular at the agency and everyone adored him. Though he was cheeky with me, he was extremely well behaved at my work place. I got to work on Ming and it kept me busy for the morning. Around 1pm, Tak came with his nanny and lunch for me. I smiled as I beckoned him over. I was finishing up the touches on Ming and Tak waited patiently watching me.

Once I was done, I took my leave from Ming who nodded and watched me go off with Tak. I sat with Tak at the break room and we were having lunch when a little while later Ming came in.

"Is everything ok? I thought you had a shoot now?"

"It got postponed a bit because the photographer is late. So they told me to get lunch first. So I came to get a drink."

"Don't you want to eat something Uncle?" Tak asked before I could stop him.

Ming smiled at him and mentioned that he didn't prep lunch because he knew he had a shoot and there wouldn't be time to go buy one now. I looked at him thoughtfully whilst Tak did the one thing I failed to do.

"Come sit with us and eat Uncle. My nanny prepared sandwiches and pasta for us! I can share with you."

Ming looked at us but then shook his head.

"Thank you. But it's ok. Coffee is good enough for me. I will get an early dinner later."

Tak just watched him sadly. I knew it be close to midnight by the time Ming gets to eat.

"Why don't you join us? We have alot. Tak usually doesn't finish his food either. We can split."

Ming looked at me and before he could respond, Tak pulled his hand and made him sit. Ming broke out into a smile and I split the food into another plate for Ming. I always knew of his food preferences and I automatically just took away the mushrooms because I know he doesn't like it.

"Oh Papa, you know what this Uncle eats?"

I looked at Tak stricken, knowing I had acted out of habit again. Ming just smiled and diffused the situation by saying that he had informed me on his food preferences as we are working together. Tak nodded cheerfully. I just kept quiet, having my lunch and wanting to be out of this situation as soon as possible.

Ming made polite conversation with Tak and that passed through lunch. Once we were done, Ming thanked us again gratefully for lunch and took his leave to go for shoot. Before he left, he turned to look at Tak and ruffled his hair gently.

As Ming walked off, Tak turned to me and said, "Papa, your friend is just like you, ruffling my hair too. So cute na?"

I blinked rapidly, my heart lurching when I heard the word friend being used after so long. Its been years and some things just don't change.

Ming continues to ruffle hair just like he used to ruffle mine.