033

Either Regina was an avid hiker or she was walking twice as fast so Emma and Aurelia couldn't keep up with her

"Is this a locator spell? Aren't we supposed to be following some floaty object or something?" Aurelia asked.

"Oh, now you're a magic expert" Regina scoffed.

"Not exactly. But I've seen-"

"There are many enchantments you have yet to be exposed to. If you bothered to study your craft, you'd know that" Regina said.

"Well, my craft is pretty new. I mean not the healing part but everything else. Maybe you could teach me?" Aurelia asked.

"I don't have time for lessons," Regina said.

"I know. You're busy trying to help Marian. And it's really great what you're doing. I know it must be really difficult" Aurelia said.

"Oh, so I've impressed you? Well, it makes it all worthwile, then, doesn't it?" Regina chuckled.

"Why are you doing that? She's just trying to be nice" Emma said, trying to defend Aurelia.

"And then, what? Complimenting my outfits? Giving me a makeover? Braiding my hair? Calling Robin Hood and hanging up? You're trying to win me over, so I can assuage your guilt for what you've done, but I won't. Intentionally or not, you two brought Marian back. You ruined my life, and there is no coming back from that. Because I know you think you didn't mean to. But you hurt someone. So, do as I do. Learn to live with it. Welcome to my world" Regina said, as she kept walking not caring if they caught up with her or not.

Aurelia stood there, hating how deep Regina's words cut. She knew she was right. She hated how much she was right and how there really wasn't anything she could do to fix it.

"Lia, you can't let what she said get to you," Emma said.

"I know I shouldn't. But it doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt. She's right. I hurt her in a way that I can't fix. I guess I just got to used to fixing things" she said.

"Lia-"

"We should keep walking. We need to find Elsa" she said, not wanting to talk about it for fear she might just start crying or having a breakdown over all the guilt she faced.

Emma nodded as they kept going, following Regina in silence. Eventually, they made it to the cliff that was deep in the forest splitting the land into two, this time connected by a giant staircase made of ice.

"Looks like Elsa was here," Emma said. "Thanks Ms. Swan. Please, continue to point out the obvious" Regina said.

"Then, obviously, we're not gonna step on it till we know it's safe," Emma said.

"It's safe," Regina said as she started walking across. Emma and Aurelia glanced at each other before deciding to follow her over.

Halfway through, as Aurelia glanced down she shivered as the wind blew past her. "This is probably a terrible time to mention that I don't really like heights," she said.