024

Huddled in the back of an outrageously loud tavern, Aurelia, Emma, and Hook watched as Hook from the past sat with a few of his crewmates and women from the tavern, drinking and playing dice.

"There I am. Rather dashing, don't you think?" Hook smiled. "Is this even a good idea? What about preserving the future?" Emma asked.

"It'll be fine. Given what I'm drinking, if I remember anything, I'll simply blame the rum. Just make sure that I, he, remains occupied and doesn't return to my ship" Hook said, looking at Aurelia.

"Wait me? I thought Emma was going" she said.

"Why would I go?" Emma asked.

"Why would I go?" Aurelia asked back.

"Well, because you're...you know" Emma shrugged. "No, actually. I don't know" Aurelia huffed.

"You're his type," Emma said.

Aurelia looked at her, slightly embarrassed choosing to ignore her words. "And what exaclty am I supposed to do? Go over there and talk to him? He's drunk and surrouned by women!" she exclaimed.

"If I may," Hook said, interrupting their conversation. "All you need to do is flirt with him."

"Flirt with him?" Aurelia asked as if he just told her to grow a second head. "I don't think I need to explain to either of you that I don't know how to do that! And besides, this is after Pan had you find me. Won't you recognize me?"

"Not as a brunette," he told her. "Just be yourself, love. You'll be fine."

Aurelia sighed, giving herself a pep talk. "Just be myself. Right. I can do this. I can totally do this."

She turned as Emma pulled her coat off and undid the first few laces of her corset. "What are you doing?" Aurelia asked.

"In case being yourself doesn't work" Emma smirked. Aurelia huffed, rolling her eyes as she stood up and Hook stood with her.

"That man sitting there, you don't know him. So be careful" he said. "You're, he's, not going to hurt me," Aurelia said, taking a deep breath before walking over to him.

"You're jealous of yourself" Emma laughed, looking at Hook. He didn't say anything as he rolled his eyes, gesturing for her to follow him.

Aurelia walked over, her presence immediately getting everyone's attention. Past Hook looked right up at her as she smiled at him.

"Hi. Can I play?"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

What Emma said about Aurelia being Hook's type must've been true because the moment she walked over, he gestured for everyone to leave allowing her to sit right next to him.

"So what is someone like you doing in a place like this?" he asked.

"Someone like me?"

"Someone as innocent as you doesn't look like she spends all her free time in a place like this," he said.

"Well you're not nearly as scary and mean as people make you out to be," she told him.

"Hmm," he smirked, moving in closer, any ounce of personal space she had gone. "So you know who I am and yet you haven't even told me your name."

"I like a good mystery. Don't you?" she asked, pouring him another drink.

"That I do" he smirked. "What do you say we leave this place and head back to my ship?"

Aurelia handed him his cup, hoping it could get him to stay put. "How about a few drinks first?" she asked, smiling as he downed his right away.

She went to pour him another one, only pretending to pour herself one.