Chapter II

Chapter 2 

Here she was in his home. He rubbed his face with his hand in frustration at the woman fast asleep on the couch. What was he going to do when she woke up? 

Question her, the wolf answered with confidence. He could just hammer her with questions but then what if she doesn't answer them and gives him the silent treatment. 

Just make her talk, Alaric growled internally at the wolf's comment. 

Easy for you to say. It's a lot more complicated than that. The wolf simply just stayed quiet but was nowhere near intimidated by him. Alaric sat in the chair closest to the sleeping female.

Alaric scanned her body and found it to be beautiful and slender. She was wearing a white dress that looked like for a goddess. It was dirty in some areas of the dress and her skin, but still looked alluring none the less. Her skin that glowed in the forest was now just a pale complexion. Her hair fell in long tresses all over her body and over the couch. The fireplace flickered over her dark hair making it look like dark ocean water. He felt he could drown in them with such a rich color. She shifted a little in her sleep bringing his attention to her facial features. She had a heart-shaped face that was pale with a slight flush on her cheeks. Her lips were full and a shade of red that reminded him of a crispy apple. Alaric couldn't help but lick his lips at the thought. A piece of hair fell over her face that made him want to move it so he could admire her some more. 

Do it, he heard his wolf murmur. Alaric shook his head. 

Stop it! Alaric commanded his wolf. He felt his wolf get angry but then dissipated into the back of his mind. Alaric's whole body burned up from his inspection of the woman. What the hell was wrong with him? He was acting like a female in heat.  

He quickly got up and stepped away from the woman. It was probably just the fire that made you too hot, he explained. HIs wolf chuckled. Anger crept up in Alaric, bubbled in his gut. The last thing he wanted was to be made fun of by his wolf.

You and I both know it wasn't the fire the wolf chuckled again. Alaric decided to try and ignore his wolf. He didn't want to fume up and then be in a bad mood. Making sure he had a clear head when talking to this woman. 

Alaric heard the door open. Blaze stepped into the room. He looked at Alaric and then traveled to the female laying on the couch. Alaric could sense the tension in the air as Blaze was processing the scene in front of him. 

"Who is she?" His beta questioned, looking at Alaric with his dark intense stare.

Alaric took a deep breath and blew it out. "I don't know. All I saw was her falling from the sky; so I brought her here to question her. And no I'm not fucking crazy, Blaze." he snapped. Guess he was already in a bad mood. The wolf chuckled again causing Alaric to tighten his lips. He took another deep breathe to calm himself. No need to get upset, just relax.

Blaze raised his hands, like he was surrendering. "I wasn’t going to say that. Are you going to stay here till she wakes up?" 

"Yeah, in case she tries to hurt the pack."

Blaze looked at her again then rubbed his chin. He shrugged, "Doesn’t look like she could to me. Want me to stay here with you? I know how you don’t have enough patience when it comes to strangers, let alone a female." 

"I can handle her.”

Blaze looked at him; not convinced with his answer.

“I can.” Alaric reassured him.