Chapter I

Chapter 1

     Alaric ran through the woods, the wind brushing through his fir, dodging shrubs and tree trunks. He loved the thrill of running; especially in the night time. It both excited him and freed him. He didn't have to worry about humans seeing him; he blends into the night. The motions brought back memories of running with his father and reckoning the area with him. Now he was the alpha and held all the responsibility that his father once did before his passing. Although he admits that he misses his father and wishes he gave Alaric more guidance in being an alpha, but he must learn on his own and be strong for his pack. He needs to show them that he was worthy of leading them.

     Alaric stopped running as soon as he reached the top of the hill. He looked over the hundred acre of private property. His property. His land that was covered in trees and a fresh lake in the west. 

     Alaric’s ears perked up, listening for his pack. The others are probably almost done with their patrol. Alaric looked at the sky. Brother, I hope you're happy with me. A dull ache blossomed through his chest, feeling the sharp stab in his heart. The memory of his brother drowned him in sorrow. He tucked the memory behind his head and tried to focus on his patrol. He shook his body of the numbing feeling. No matter how hard he tries to forget his brother, his face still lingers around Alaric's mind. He howls at the moon, calling the rest of the pack back to the house. Patrol was over. 

     The others responded to his call with their own howl of agreement. He took a deep breath through his muzzle and was ready to turn back home when he spotted a shooting star in the sky. Or he thought it was a shooting star. He kept his gaze on it and saw that the light was getting larger. Alaric soon saw the star heading towards him, coming with great speed. He sniffed the air, checking if other animals were getting worried about the disturbance. He felt no threat, in fact, there was an ere silence that made his wolf perk up in attention. This doesn't seem good.

     Alaric kept his eyes on the star to see where it will land. The fur on his back stood in attention, as his wolf was also concentrating. The star left a hazy film of light; it illuminated the woods as it inched closer and closer. The star made it’s descent and lands about two acres away from where he stood. With sharp ears, he heard the thud. He continued to listen, checking if it’s an unknown creature or just simply a meteor. There was no sound. Sniffing the air, a faint aroma of jasmine filled his senses. There were no jasmines in the woods. At least not any that he has stumbled upon. He dipped his head low, getting ready to sprint in the direction of the light.

     Don't go there alone. Call the others to go with you. His wolf growled at him, the command echoing in his head. Alaric contemplates. He turned his gaze towards the stars direction. The star was losing it's shine and leaving a dull glow against the trees surrounding it. What if it runs away? He needed to capture whatever it is ASAP. It was probably just a meteor; he would rather check to be certain than to have to wait for the others. He heard his wolf growl in disapproval in his mind. Alaric pushed the wolf mentally back in it's place. This could be his chance to prove that he was worthy to be an alpha, despite what happened in the past. He sprinted off to the glowing star.

_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

"Elaina, you are mine now. You've finally landed into my world and at my disposal." Elaina saw red eyes staring at her. The voice was deep and poisonous. She was surrounded by darkness, feeling her powers being drawn out of her. 

"No!" Elaina screamed and buried her face in her hands. The red eyed creature chuckles darkly at her. "You are mine." He repeats.