13

He takes eyes off of me, walking back to everyone else, whilst I'm sat there thinking on how I can save everyone.

I hear the muttering from everyone in the Glade, they depart into two different small groups. Thomas, Fry, Teresa, Chuck, Minho, Newt and a few more boys are in one group and the other group only had Gally and a few boys. I remember this all too well.

Groaning, I stand to my feet with a limp of pain, I slowly walk over to Gally.

Please don't do this, Gally. I repeat the same words in my mind. My mouth parts as I try to speak, all came out was a deep exhale.

"Annabelle, we're gonna try to make it out before the Grievers come back." Thomas echoed from behind me.

My eyes directly stay on Gally's and my eyes blur with the tears resting on my lid. He notices this, his brow raised. I shake my head and Minho pulls me back.

"We've got to go, Annabelle." He whispers in my ear softly as a rain of tears roll down my face.

I pull back from Minho, falling to the ground in front of Gally, "Annabelle.." Thomas spoke.
I shake my head, limping to my feet next to Gally, his eyes still stay averted towards me.

I'm going to try to stop Gally from getting stung. I'm going to save Chuck AND Gally even if it will cost me my life.
I smile gently at them, Chuck conveys, "Good luck, Annabelle!"

I wave my hand at him, watching his figure jog away with the rest of the ground, I felt my hands close and my eyes flutter, I cannot get this wrong.

Gally turns around, rubbing his temples, "You should've gone, Annabelle."

I look at him with emptiness, a smile crept up on my lips as I approached him. I soothe his worries by hugging him softly.
He lets out a small gasp, token aback. Eventually, he taps my back to get me away after seeing everyone staring at us.

"We need to make up a plan." One of the boys spoke, folding his arms towards his chest.

The creaking noises from the Maze echoed far and loud, to the point where I had to cover my ears. The clicking sounds occurred, I stared down a Griever as it's bug eyes taunt me. I gulp, clawing onto Gally with my nails for safety.

Quickly, he pulls me away, across the Glade, "RUN AND HIDE!" He yelled.

As I'm thrown across the Glade with Gally, we pace through the woods, hiding behind two large trees, he held my arm close to his and covering my mouth with his hand to stop me from sobbing too loudly.

We could hear the thunder of the Grievers getting closer and closer. I could feel my whole body shaking and my heart pounding, I close my eyes tightly, still feeling Gally's presence against me.

The loud electronic groans, echoed into my left ear. I could see the stinger looking around the other trees. Gally slowly moves us to the floor, behind a wall of buses, he hushes me.

Gulping, we hear the Griever slowly move away from us, the loud screams from the other Gladers stick into my head and I flinch every time that theres a scream.

It went silence.

We couldn't hear the Grievers, screams of the other Gladers, or even the Maze changing.

Gally's eyes meet mine, he had seemed to be confident, "Don't move."
And with that he jumped out from behind the tree, slowly walking towards the end of the woods.

I can't let him get stung, hurriedly, I limp to the other side of where he was.

He lets out a horrendous scream.