CHAPTER 7

"Is everything okay?"

Kanav and Pooja both turned towards the voice and for a second Kanav forgot how to breathe, there she was, the girl who had made him lose control, the girl he has been thinking about from last few months, the girl who enter his dreams as if she owns them, the girl whose name was enough to make his emotions behave weirdly.

The last time he saw her, she was in a wedding dress, looking like an epitome of beauty and this time she was in front of him in a pink long kurti with palazzo pants, without makeup, open hairs but she looked no less beautiful.

He was completely lost in his thoughts whereas Pooja was shocked, she was worried, what if Naina heard what Kanav was saying, she was already not very comfortable with this planning, and she will definitely cancel the plan and her brother's first impression will be disastrous. She was cursing him in her mind but tried to handle the situation.

"Naina" she said excitedly going towards her which brought Kanav out of his thoughts again his heart started beating fastly looking at the smile which came on her face as she hugged his sister.

"How are you?" Pooja asked her cupping her face.

"I am good. How are you?" She replied, Pooja never minded her short answers. She knew Naina is very introverted person and she don't talk much.

"Me, as you can see, I am fantastic." Pooja replied making Naina smile.

"Why are standing outside?" Naina asked her and Pooja thanked God because she didn't heard what her stupid brother was saying. And from brother she remembered that he is standing there, so she smiled very brightly.

"Oh nothing we just talking about some issue at the hospital by the way he is my brother Kanav." She said with an excitement of an old man who is talking about the antiques he has collected throughout his life.

But that didn't bother Kanav, what bothered him was that from the moment Naina has arrived, for the first time her eyes fell on him. He literally felt a shiver run down his spine. He was worried, whether he was looking good or not, he just came from the hospital or his clothes were looking nice or not, he wore something comfortable because he would be driving for a long time. He was never a person who was conscious about his looks, although he was not arrogant about it but he knew he was good looking, he heard that a lot about him from others but for the first time he cared about someone else opinion about him. He didn't know why suddenly his emotions were all over the place when that girl has not even talked to him yet.

Naina offered him a simple nod with a polite smile and after taking a deep breath he replied to her with a nod. And that was it, Naina turned her eyes away from him not bothering to look at him again. He was doubting all the things he had heard about him being handsome. Was his face not worth her attention even for a minute. He removed that thought from his mind quickly.

"So let's go inside and we'll leave in some time." Pooja didn't wanted to give her brother a chance to back out, so she asked them to go inside where he will not be able to say no in front of everyone.

Naina nodded and started to go inside followed by Pooja and Kanav. Pooja just wanted that her brother don't do anything stupid.

When they reached inside they heard Ved asking her mother "these paintings are really beautiful, who made them." Looking at the paintings which were hung in a very artistic way in their living room.

Radhika smiled proudly and said "Nikhil painted them, he is really interested in art."

"Really." Ved said in amazement to which Radhika nodded when she noticed the presence of Naina.

"You are here, we were waiting for you, come and meet Suman ji and shlok bhaisaab, they are Pooja's  in laws." Radhika asked her to greet them with her eyes.