CHAPTER 5

Radhika was surprised when pooja asked to meet her at a restaurant, because she wanted to talk about something important.

Pooja can come to there home anytime, then why was she asking to meet outside, left Radhika confused but still she went to meet her.

After giving their orders Radhika asked her about the thing she wanted to talk about. And Pooja gave a nervous smile and held both her hands.

"Ma'am I know what I am going to say can sound a little weird but please listen to me"

Radhika smiled and squeezed her hands  assuring her "you can tell me anything."

Pooja took a deep breath, ofcourse she was nervous "you know about my brother Kanav right? He is 31 year old and one of the respectable doctor of this state. Although I am managing it but he is also the owner of the hospital in which he practicing as a Neurosurgeon currently. He has his own house. Me, Viren and Arush are his only family. He is very nice and kind person although a little aloof but very genuine."

Radhika chuckled listening to this  "Ofcourse I know as you always told me about him everything as a proud elder sister, and I know all these thing child why are you telling me this?"

Pooja smiled and tightly her hands
"I am telling you because I don't want you to have any doubt, I want to make everything clear to you. Because I want to ask you, will you give your daughter Naina's hand in marriage to my brother?" She finally said it.

There was silence for a minute between them and Pooja got nervous after seeing Radhika reaction.

"Why suddenly.. I mean.." Radhika stopped because she didn't knew what to say about this. Ofcourse she has not met Kanav to know him completely but she had heard a lot about him from Pooja, she knew he is a promising young and successful man, but why this sudden idea about marriage was confusing for her. Seeing her reaction Pooja clarified herself quickly

"Please ma'am don't think that I am doing all this because I pity you. Definitely not.  I am doing this because I think Naina is perfect in every sense and whichever house she will go, she will only bring happiness. Infact I have always wanted for Naina to marry Kanav but I always thought that I will talk to you someday but then you informed me that her marriage has been fixed. Trust me although I was upset but accepted that thinking maybe that was her destiny, but now I don't want to miss a chance, and I don't want to waste time either. Please think about it and whatever will be your decision, we will go ahead with that."

Radhika sigh and didn't say anything for few minutes, she just looked out of the window in her thoughts making Pooja more nervous.

After five minutes she turned towards Pooja with calm expression " I have always wanted my kids happiness and I know your brother would be good because you have done his upbringing but now I can't give you any answer because this decision will be of Naina.
I have already done a mistake, being a single mother I wanted my daughter to get married in a nice house where she gets all the respect and love and because of that I fulfilled every stupid demand of those people. Even Naina told me not to give them anything and break this relation but still I gave all the gifts they asked without telling Naina because I  thought that Vikas was a good person. I did that so that she won't have any problem after marriage, so that no one will raise their finger on my daughter. But everything got destroyed that man eloped leaving my daughter at the altar, waiting. It was his mistake and this so called society is talking nonsense about my daughter without even knowing anything."

While saying this her eyes had tears as if she is remembering everything again and her tone had anger and guilt. She took a deep breath, wiped her tears and gave a faint smile to Pooja " I don't want to do the same mistake again, I won't take any decisions on her behalf. I like your brother for my Naina, and trust me no one would be more happier than me if they get married.  But I won't decide that and if Naina says that she wants time or don't want to get married yet then I will accept her decision ."