CHAPTER 4

Pooja was standing in her balcony lost in her own thoughts when suddenly arms wrapped around her, she knew it was her husband and she leaned back in his warmth.

"Where are you lost?" Asked Viren nuzzling his head in her neck making her shiver.

"I was thinking about something, I don't know, it's a little stupid but I think it will be perfect" she replied and Viren looked at her not getting anything.

"I was thinking about Kanav's marriage" she said after looking at her husband's confused face.
He put his chin on her shoulder taking a deep breath "you know him, he don't want to get married now, how many times we have asked him, but he has always decline."

Listening this she quickly turned around facing him " I know him Viren, that is why I am saying this. He maybe doesn't show it but he is very lonely, why do you think he lives with us most of the time and not in his own house which is right beside ours? Because he don't like to come back to an empty house, he actually need someone just for himself, just to talk, fight and most importantly to love him. A person who can make his house into a home, a person who can love him, who can understand him, who can make him happy."

Viren was looking at her with a frown, he knew she was right and he was also understanding her concerns towards her brother but he also knew that if suddenly she is bringing up this topic again and is that determined then she has already planed something.

"What do you want exactly?" He asked holding her hands.

" I want Kanav and Naina to get married. "

Viren was shocked for a moment but before he can say anything Pooja started explaining "they will be perfect for each other, Naina is smart, calm and understanding person which my brothers need desperately in his life."

Viren nodded" I know they will be wonderful together, but you also know what happened with Naina, it will be difficult for her, we can't force her and your dear brother also does not want to get married. "

Pooja smirked "that is what I was saying, it is something stupid but will be perfect."

Viren smiled at his wife's mischievous tactics and asked "what have you planned my queen?"

" I am planning to talk with Radhika ma'am about this and if she agrees then we will plan a small vacation in our farmhouse outside the city, where we both family will go. There Kanav and Naina can get to know each other a little bit and obviously we will try to make them come closer so that they decided if they want to go forward with this or not. But I am pretty sure the will realize how perfect they are for each other and the will agree to get married."

"Hmmm nice plan, okay done. You talk to Radhika ma'am and I will talk to Kanav, just to know whats his stand on marriage and companionship. " Viren said to which Pooja nodded and giggled excitedly she was really positive about this.

"Okay enough about everyone, if you are done thinking about everyone then give a little attention to your husband also." He said in low voice pulling her closer to him to which she blushed and pushed him a little running inside the room.

*** ***

It's been two days Pooja didn't get a chance to talk with Radhika ma'am, she knew it is an important discussion so she wanted to do it face to face rather than on a phone call. That is why she was going to meet her to talk to her in few days.

The weather was windy, so after having dinner Kanav went to the terrace to do his work, his sister has done beautiful setting on terrace with lights, plants, couch and table. He chuckled when he noticed most of the area is filled with Arush's toys here and there.

He was sitting there doing his work for almost half an hour when he closed his laptop and placed it on table. He put his legs on the table and leaned back on couch closing his eyes, the soothing wind was calming his tired self.

He heard a noise of someone's step but didn't open his eyes as he knew who could it be. Viren sat beside him looking at sky for few minutes and then at Kanav.

"Thinking about something or should I say someone" he asked with a teasing tone.

Kanav smiled lightly, he knew his sister must have asked her husband to convince him for marriage. It was like a routine, every few months his sister brings up a topic of his marriage and he always declines.

"Don't bother jiju, I know di must have asked you to talk to me again about marriage." He replied without opening his eyes causing viren to let out a hearty laugh.

"Well then let's come to the point, what do you think about marriage now."

Kanav didn't reply for sometime, he understood his sister's concern, and he also knew she was just thinking about him but still the idea of marriage sounded foreign to him. It's not he don't believe in marriage, it's just that he thinks he is not ready for it.

"Is it Important? To marry I mean."
He asked after sometime, Viren has always been a confidant of Kanav, a fatherly figure, a person to look upto so he decided to take his advice.

Viren noticed Kanav, his eyes were still close, feeling the cold wind on his face.
Viren also leaned back on couch like him and looked at the sky. It was a good sign atleast he was talking about it otherwise he just decline to marry straightaway.

"It's not important. Definitely it's a person choice whether they want to get married or not to get married and people make choices according to their experiences." He looks at Kanav once again and then continued "But having a partner is surely not a bad thing, to have a person and sharing your life with them, your happiness, sadness, grief, pain, success and everything. To have your own person to love and care and to build your own world with them is beautiful experience." Viren takes a deep breath and a smile grace his face thinking about his own wife. " I know it seems scary, to allow a person this close to you and this relationship is also challenging like every other relation. You have to give your everything, you have to think for someone else before yourself, you have to invest your emotions, you have to trust them, love them, deal with their insecurities and fears, you have to make them feel secure and protect them with everything you have got. And trust me it is challenging but it also gives you a meaning in life, gives you a reason to stop from carelessly running behind things all your life, a feeling that you are not alone in this long journey called life. A feeling of home, a feeling that you belong somewhere. It's scary but beautiful."

kanav heard everything but didn't reply neither opened his eyes, he was thinking deeply about this marriage thing and about the things which he just heard. He didn't knew if he was ready to take this big relationship or not.

"How would I know if I am ready for this responsibility?" He asked Viren in low voice. Viren looked at him for few seconds before turning back to look at sky.

"When you will find your right person." Viren replied with a smile.

When he didn't say anything viren asked him next important question "forget about marriage, is their any person that you like or admire"

Unknowingly an image formed behind Kanav's closed eyes, image of a slender figure in maroon colour wedding dress, looking so fragile but still so strong. Her nose pin laying on her soft pink lips as if teasing him, those calm and confident honey colour eyes that can bewitch him anytime.

Suddenly Kanav open his eyes, sitting straight and taking a deep breath to control his thoughts.

Viren looked at him confused, he didn't know what happened suddenly that Kanav got startled but before he can ask anything Kanav stood up and picked his laptop and looked at viren,
"I need to go to hospital early tomorrow, so I am going to sleep. Goodnight. " and then he left.

Viren was confused, the conversation didn't went as they were expecting. Kanav didn't gave neither positive nor negative signs.

***** ***** *****
please vote and comment
Stay safe stay healthy🙂