CHAPTER 9

Somehow avoiding the question asked by ever so curious Arush they were on their way to the farm house. Arush after creating a lot of fuss made them agreed, and now he was sitting in Naina's lap sideways looking outside the window.

Naina's arms were wrapped protectively around him and they both were busy in their own talks.

"....lion is the king of the jungle because he is strong and powerful." Now they have reached on the topic of animals after starting their conversation from toy trucks, Kanav thought.

"But why, I want rabbit to be the king of jungle, I like rabbit." Arush whined snuggling into her.

Naina clear the hairs from his forehead lightly " Okay when the next time they will choose the king, we'll tell them to consider Rabbits. Okay."

Arush nodded his head making a pout.

Kanav unconsciously smiled listening to their illogical conversation it was quite admirable how much patience this girl have, even for a minute he didn't feel from her voice that she is tired answering Arush's questions. Which is actually quite difficult, this boy wants to know everything at once.

It was going to be evening, Kanav asked them whether they wanted to eat something, specially Naina since she didn't eat anything before as well but they both declined. He actually wanted her to eat but didn't say anything. Naina covered herself and Arush with her shawl.
There was complete silence in the car even Arush was looking outside the window like Naina while Kanav's whole focus was on the road.

**** **** ****

It was after an hour or so when they arrived at the farmhouse, kanav noticed that everyone has reached because their cars were parked there. He rotated his stiff neck after driving for many hours. And when he looked at the side he became stuck, Naina and Arush both were sleeping, her arms were still tightly wrapped around him, covering them with shawl to protect them from cold. They both were looking adorable.

Kanav knew that he should wake them up but still he could not help it and took his time to look at the woman from close, because he will not be able to do when she wakes up. He knew it was wrong but still he was not able to help it. Her peaceful sleep in his presence, the careless way of her wrapping the shawl around her looked so intimate.

He noticed her long eyelashes which were hiding the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen, the mole on her right cheek, her beautiful hairs, her soft and pink lips, he was sure it would be amazing to kiss....

Kanav sat straight and looked ahead in shock, he didn't realize how his mind went to something like that, what was he even thinking. This woman without doing anything was messing up with his brain.

"Naina." He touched her arm with one finger to wake her up. She didn't make any movement so he called her name again, she opened her eyes slightly and get a little startled looking at an unknown man in front of her but when she realized who he was she relaxed a little.

"We have arrived. " He said to her and went out of the car towards her side, opened the door and picked up sleeping Arush in his arms to take him inside.

His sudden proximity was enough for Naina to be completely awake. She came out of the car, her legs have became numb and she just wanted to sleep right now.

"Naina." She looked ahead where Kanav was waiting for her with Arush in his arms, that's when she actually noticed her surroundings, their farmhouse was really beautiful, it was a sight to see, she just knew she was going to love this place.

She quickly took steps towards him and they both went inside together, everyone was sitting in the living room talking with each other when they entered, taking everyone's attention.

They sit with them for a cup of tea because everyone one was too tired to even move, room arrangements were already done and after talking for sometime they retired to their rooms.

**** **** ****

Knock knock

Viren and Pooja both looked at each other with an alarmed expression.

Pooja hurriedly cover herself with blanket "just say that I am sleeping."

Viren laughed at her and opened the door. As expected Kanav was standing there, he looked inside and saw his sister sleeping.

"Did you want anything, she just slept." Viren said when he saw him looking at Pooja.

Kanav looked at him and went inside the room towards the bed, he suddenly take off the blanket off her legs and starts to tickle her soles, not even a minute and Pooja get up with a jerk and folded her legs. She sat there glaring at her brother.

Kanav turned to Viren "I know you love her but that doesn't mean that you'll take part in her every stupid act."

Viren just shook his head and close the door and sit on the couch ready for the show he is about to witness.

Both siblings were glaring at each other. One was sitting on the bed and other was standing on the floor.

"What are you trying to do?" Kanav break the silence.

"What are you taking about " Pooja replied confidently.

"You know very well what I am talking about, what are you trying to do from this morning, first you hide things from me, then you act completely unbothered about it, then force that girl to travel with me, do you have any idea how uncomfortable she was." He snapped at her.

"It was necessary " she replied shortly to stop the conversation as soon as possible.

"Necessary, my foot. Don't try to act innocent and tell me clearly what's going in your head."

"Nothing is going in my head, it was not a big deal, you were traveling with her that's it." Pooja sat on her knees now defensively still she was not face to face with her giant brother who standing in front of her.

Pooja knew that if she told the reason to him, he will return back this instant, that much stubborn he was.

"Not a big deal, we don't know each other, you didn't think that she would feel awkward with me and on top of that we were traveling alone, both the others cars were together and stopped also at a restaurant to eat but no one informed us. why?"

"It's not that, we thought you were ahead of us." Pooja said slowly she didn't have any other strong point to say now and she looked at her husband from the corner of her eyes, asking for help, who was laughing at her.

"Is that even a reason, you could have called us. And when I was asking, no one was telling me anything clearly."
Kanav said frustrated.

"Okay enough, let's forget it, it's already late and everyone is tired, let's just sleep okay." Viren interfere when he saw that Kanav was not stopping.

Kanav took a deep breath " I don't know what are you trying to do but for God's sake atleast don't put that girl in an uncomfortable situation"

He went out of the room after saying that. Although he knew that Radhika was also behaving weirdly but he also knew his sister enough to know that she has a way to make people agree with her.

Naina was also trying to get an answer for these questions, her mother's behavior was completely different today.

She was sharing a room with her mother and thought to take a relaxing shower before talking to her.

She came out of the bathroom after shower, and was ready to talk to her when she noticed her mother is already asleep.

She covered her with blanket and lay down on the other side thinking about the days events before drifting to sleep.

**** **** *****
Please vote and comment

Stay safe and stay happy 😊