micah reese

For the applyfic Creature by xingqiusleftearring

FULL NAME: Micah Sơn Reese

NICKNAMES: Mi (prn. my), used by Enid; Mya (his deadname), used by people who hate him; Mike, sometimes used by his friends.

GENDER + PRONOUNS: Transmasculine, he/they

AGE: 16

SEXUALITY: Panromantic asexual. Out, sort of. More like Micah just assumes everyone knows and doesn't see the need to "come out".

LOVE INTEREST AND TROPE/BACKSTORY: Enid Sinclair! They've known each other for years, and Micah's always found Enid to be super sweet and kind. They'd fit the childhood friends to lovers trope, as their family packs are close. Micah has been there for Enid from day one, and won't give up on her. Similarly, Micah trusts Enid implicitly—she's the first person they told about their transness, and they knew it was the right choice when she was just as happy for them as if they'd said they'd won a huge prize. He's been falling slowly in love with her for years, and is just happy to spend time with her.

ETHNICITY: Vietnamese-American

NATIONALITY: American

FACECLAIM: Ian Alexander

APPEARANCE: Micah has short dark hair—kept very short, for gender reasons—and an open, trusting face. He's been described as looking kind, and he smiles often. Their eyes are light brown, and they're rather short, standing at five feet six inches. He has a tattoo of the moon on his left bicep.

AESTHETIC & CLOTHING STYLE: When not in his Nevermore uniform, Micah tends towards slightly baggy clothes in neutral or dark colors and soft fabrics. They dress for comfort, and hate clothes that emphasize the shape of their body. Aesthetically, Micah is a bit on the "skater boy" side of things, with a side of transmasc-ness.

PERSONALITY: Micah is bubbly and kind, always with a nice word to share. He's overwhelmingly positive, and does his best to find the good side of a situation, if he can. He's upbeat, often wearing a smile on his face, and friendly. He tries to be friends with everyone, and if he can't, he tries not to let it bother him. Micah tends to accidentally overwhelm people, though, being too bubbly, too positive, which can drive people away from them. They don't mean to, it just happens. Some people find Micah annoying, which sucks, but they can't do much about it—they can't change who they are. Despite being super friendly, Micah can be somewhat wary of others. Only his closest friends and family get to know all his secrets, such as Enid. They're careful with who they truly trust, not wanting to risk getting hurt.

BACKSTORY: Honestly, there's not much to say here. Micah never had a tragic backstory, or much of an exciting life. They grew up the third of five kids to a werewolf family, knowing from as young as they can remember that they were also a werewolf and that the so-called normies would likely look down on them and their family. Luckily, their family was close to other outcast families, including the Sinclairs, another werewolf family with kids of similar ages to their own. In particular, Micah grew close to Enid Sinclair, a bubbly blonde girl the same age as him. They were best friends as kids, and that hasn't really changed. What did change, though, was Micah's gender presentation. They were never one for super girly clothing, finding them too frilly and often cumbersome, and preferred to wear their older brother's hand-me-downs instead. It wasn't until Micah was about thirteen that they started to actually consider that they weren't a girl at all. At first, Micah identified as a trans boy, though in the last few years he's come to realize that he doesn't fit into the binary at all, though masculinity certainly feels better to him than femininity. When discovering all this about themself, Micah kept it quiet. They didn't know how to tell their people, especially their parents, and even though it hurt, they stayed quiet. It was only when Enid picked up on Micah acting weird and asked him about it that he told her, and she encouraged him to open up to his parents—who, thank god, are not transphobic and love Micah just the same. Micah, along with Enid, has been attending Nevermore for the last few years. They've been on a normal track with their werewolf transformations, unlike their best friend, though they make sure to support Enid all the way, no matter what.

SPECIES: Werewolf

POWERS: Ability to turn into a wolf at the full moon, heightened sense of smell.

LIKES: Pizza, baggy clothes, knitting, dark colors, being outside, soccer, candles.

DISLIKES: Tight clothes, dark chocolate, alcohol (yeah they're underage. they're also a teenage werewolf with older siblings), cold weather, ska music.

MIXTAPE: Everglow by Starset; Call Your Name by Daughtry; Good Enough by Evanescence; Warriors by Imagine Dragons; All I Need by Within Temptation

WHY DID THEY JOIN THE SOCIETY? They wanted to do something, and they're friends with Sapph.

ROLE THEY PLAY: Emotional Core of the group

QUOTES: "Let's... not rush into things?" "Please don't fight, guys, we've got more to worry about!" "You okay, Enid?"

FUN FACTS/EXTRA: Micah can speak Vietnamese, though as he's lived in America his whole life, he's only sort of fluent. He knits a lot and has made things for all of their friends.

 He knits a lot and has made things for all of their friends

applyfic status: ongoing!