clare canosa

For the applyfic Perverse by curiosityanddreams

NAME: Clare Mica Canosa

NICKNAMES: Clary—she doesn't like this one much. Canosa—much more acceptable, as it's just her surname.

PREFERRED NAME: Clare

AGE: 24 at time of death

GENDER & PRONOUNS: Feminine nonbinary, she/they

SEXUALITY: Lesbian

FACE CLAIM: Alexa Steele

PERSONALITY: Clare can best be described as kind. She goes out of her way to help people and gives everyone the benefit of the doubt, no matter what. It's in her nature to believe the best of people, and she does so all the time. She's accepting, too, and always does her best to see all sides of an issue. They try, at least. Clare is a very curious woman. From her early teen years, Clare wanted to learn as much as they could about as much as they could. True crime and forensics were their main areas of interest, though. One thing to know about Clare, though, is that she has anxiety. She's an anxious person, often described by her superiors as "a nervous wreck". However, it's when she's anxious and running on a deadline that Clare does her best work. They find it easier to set their brain running with the information when there's lots of pressure on them. However, her anxiety issues can also make Clare seem a little neurotic, and like she freaks out over nothing.

BACKSTORY: Clare was the firstborn child to her parents, a blended white and Filipino couple living in Chelster. With the small-town nature of Chelster, as well as its... gloominess, Clare developed lust for adventure as she grew up. But her family was middle-class, she had two younger brothers, and for the most part, all was well. Of course she fought with her brothers and wanted for something more, but what bright young girl wouldn't? When she was fourteen, Clare began to get interested in true crime after reading about unsolved murder cases. From there, it wasn't hard for them to decide they wanted to look into forensics—it helped that they were very good at science. She went to a nearby state university, for a degree in forensic science. After graduation, she was offered a job on the Chelster police force, which she accepted—partially because it was her only offer. She'd been on the force for only two years at the time of her death.

FAMILY: Rose Canosa (mother, 48). A loving woman who always put her children first. She was incredibly proud of Clare. Alon Canosa (father, 50). Strict at times, but wanted the best for his family. Didn't approve of Clare joining the police force. Ross Canosa (brother, 26). Ross and Clare argued a lot, but she dearly loved her brother. He's in medical school to be a surgeon. David Canosa (brother, 23). The baby of the family and one to always make everyone laugh. Thought Clare's job was scary, and currently finishing his undergrad degree in English.

LIKES/DISLIKES/FEARS: Clare likes true crime, learning about history, science, purple, bright colored flowers (they made sure to always have some on their desk), 80's music, dogs (they had a beagle named Max, who Ross currently looks after), their glasses (they thought they made them look smart), and women with nice smiles. Clare does not like bigots, birds (especially parrots), their anxiety, being yelled at (it makes her cry), punk music, pumpkin-flavored things, or crime tv shows (they usually get it wrong!). They are afraid of birds, being yelled at, and the sound of guns.

CAUSE OF DEATH & YEAR: Clare was killed in action three years ago. They'd been called out to a suspected drive-by shooting on the edge of town, and were shot by a remaining perpetrator while examining the body. The kid who did it had anti-police sentiments, and took it out on Clare and her team.

REACTION AT BEING REBORN: Mostly confusion. Clare's never been particularly religious, so they have no explanation for this, and honestly have no clue what to do with it.

SONGS FOR CLARE: Goodnight Socialite by the Brobecks and Pioneer by House of Heroes.

QUOTES: "I'm just as confused as you are about all this." "I feel like we should be doing something. I just don't know what." "I miss my dog."

TRIVIA: Clare is near-sighted and wears glasses. Their fear of gunshots stems from how they were killed, as it was the last thing she heard. Her dog Max is currently seven years old; he was a twentieth birthday present from Ross.

 Her dog Max is currently seven years old; he was a twentieth birthday present from Ross

applyfic status: complete!