Little secret 1 (Lauren)

Request: Lucastrans2006

Y/n is male

Lauren's POV

I was sitting at a table in a café waiting for my boyfriend, and my leg was bouncing restlessly. I was very stressed about this meeting because I had to tell him something. I was stressed because I didn't know how he would react to the news that I had a daughter.

While still in a relationship with my ex, I found out that I was pregnant. When I told him about it, he wasn't too happy. We started arguing often, until one day he just packed up and left. At first I was devastated, I didn't want to be a single mother, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to cope, but my parents and friends assured me that I wouldn't be left alone. They helped me a lot and I am very grateful to all of them for that.

My daughter is now three years old, and I am dating another man who does not know about her. I've been dating Y/n for two months and it's high time to tell him. I prefer to do it now, when we're both not so close yet, so I'll have fewer regrets later when he decides he doesn't want a woman with another man's child.

When I heard the distinctive sound of a bell, indicating that someone had entered, I quickly looked in that direction. Unfortunately, it was not my boyfriend, but some woman. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and looked at the time on my phone.

10:35 am

He was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago. I hope he comes quickly, because the longer I'm here, the more I start to regret my decision. 

I took a sip of my coffee, which I had ordered because I didn't have time at home. I looked toward the entrance again when I heard someone come inside and felt the stress rising. It was my boyfriend. He looked around, and when he saw me, he smiled and approached me. I really don't know how I managed to get such a man's attention. Y/n is truly wonderful. Handsome, kind, intelligent and well-built, which is now clearly visible through his tank top.

The closer he got, the more nerves I saw on his face.

And I'm not surprised at all.

I called him in the morning and just said that we need to talk. I didn't say anything else, except that I would be waiting at a cafe near my house.

"Hi." Y/n said and sat down across from me.

"Hi." I barely responded through the lump in my throat. I was really stressed.

The man ran a hand through his short hair and looked at me uncertainty.

"So what did you want to tell me?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"I..." I started, but stopped and looked away from him.

I don't think I can handle telling him, though.

"Hey, calm." Y/n's voice was calm, and after a while I felt his hand on mine. I looked at our hands on the table and then at his eyes.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" He smiled reassuringly, but anxiety was still visible in his eyes. 

I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Remember how I told you about my ex?"

"The one who left you without any explanation?"

"Yes."

"I... I actually know why he left me."

He frowned. "Why?"

"I was pregnant, and he didn't want a baby." Y/n opened his mouth to say something, but closed it after a moment when nothing came out. Instead, he stroked my hand with his thumb.

"Have you had an abortion?" He asked with concern.

"W-what? No!" I shouted a little too loudly, causing several people who were sitting in the cafe to look at me.

I apologized.

"So you have a baby?" Y/n asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I have. And it's a daughter." Despite my fear, I smiled at the thought of my daughter. The man removed his hand from mine, and I looked down at my knees, afraid of his reaction. 

I really didn't want to lose him.

When he still said nothing after a while I looked at Y/n. Tears were visible in him eyes.

"Y/n?"

"How old is she?" He asked.

I was surprised, but answered. "Three."

"Three." He repeated quietly, said something else but I couldn't hear what.

"Can I meet her?" I saw hope in his eyes and that shocked me even more.

"W-what?" I asked to see if I had misheard. When the man repeated the question again I knew I had heard correctly.

"Are you not angry?" Y/n laughed. "No. Why should I be angry?"

"Because I didn't tell you that I had a child." Understanding appeared on his face, but he smiled again.

He stood up and knelt taking my hand in his strong hands. "I always wanted to have a child, Lauren. I always wanted to have a family." After that, he kissed the top of my hand.

"But it's not your child." I really do not know why I said that, after all, I should be happy that he is not angry. I guess I just still didn't believe it.

"I don't care."

"I want to get to know her." The determination was audible in his voice. He stood up and wiped tears from my cheeks that I didn't even know had flowed.

He leaned over and kissed me on the forehead. "So... I can meet her?"

"Yes, you can."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

To be continued.