Shopping (Lauren)

Request: Lucastrans2006

Thank you for all the votes, requests and comments <3

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Y/n's POV

"Y/n!" I heard my girlfriend calling me. I got up from the couch I was sitting on and went to the kitchen, where my girlfriend was. The green-eyed woman was standing by the open refrigerator and looking at what was inside.

I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her from behind. I kissed her neck, and she snuggled into me.

"Yes?" I asked. 

The beautiful woman closed the refrigerator and turned to me, and my hands went to her sides.

"We have to go shopping."

"Okay."

Lauren moved away from me and walked past.

"Let's go."

"But now?"

The woman stopped walking and turned to me with a questioning look on her face. "Yes now. And when did you want to go?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

We'd been at Walmart for an hour, and Lauren was still dragging me around the store.

"Baby, I think we've got it all." I said pushing a shopping cart to keep up with my woman. I didn't know what else I needed, we had everything in the shopping cart that was missing at home.

"No." She only replied, walking on. I sighed and continued following my undecided girlfriend. I really wanted to go back home. 

I've never liked shopping, no matter if it was grocery shopping or clothes shopping I didn't like it anyway. I was the complete opposite of Lauren in that respect, she loved shopping, especially if she was shopping for clothes.

I don't know why, but we started to approach the children's section. It was weird, but I didn't pay attention to it, after all, maybe I need something that is in the section near the children's section.

I was about to ask Lauren what we were looking for when suddenly my phone rang. I stopped and took my phone out of my pants pocket to see who was calling me.

It was Shawn, my best friend.

I looked up to tell Lauren it was Shawn calling me, but she was nowhere to be found. I shrugged and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Y/n is that you?"

"Yes Shawn, it's me. Were you hoping it was someone else?" I asked frowning.

The man giggled. "It's not just that Camila decided to switch names in my contacts and now I have to find out who I'm calling."

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Mhm."

Now I giggled. "She is so childish sometimes."

"Yes-  but I still love her." He said dreamily and I smiled.

Shawn and Camila met in high school, but it wasn't until college that they started dating. They were just friends in high school, which frustrated my best friend. He wanted Camila to be his girlfriend, but he didn't have the balls to ask her, which was funny. In college, he finally dared to ask her out, and after a few dates, they became a couple.

I was really proud of him then.

They were together for three years, and then Shawn proposed to Camila. After a year, that is, about two months ago, they got married.

"Hey Y/n, are you listening to me?" Shawn's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, sorry, I was thinking."

"I said it would be nice to see you again. Long time no see." It was true, I hadn't seen Shawn since their wedding. Not because I didn't want to, but because there was no time for it.

"Yeah, maybe this weekend?" I suggested.

After a moment of silence, the man answered. "Yes, that's a great idea!"

His enthusiasm made me laugh. I turned my back to the shopping cart and shook my head in amusement.

"Shawn?" I wanted to know what Camila called me in Shawn's contacts, but suddenly I heard a muffled female voice.

"Sorry Y/n, but Camila needs my attention. See you at weekend!" And before I could say anything Shawn hung up.

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket. I turned back to face the shopping cart and was surprised to see my girlfriend putting some stuff into it. Lauren looked at me and smiled.

"I'm back." She said and kissed me on the cheek. I looked at the things Lauren had put in the cart. I frowned when I saw that they were baby clothes.

Why would she need baby clothes, we don't have kids, and we don't know anyone who would.

I thought.

"Who called?" She asked taking over the shopping cart and walking on. I put my hand on her shoulder and the green-eyed beauty stopped and looked at me questioningly.

"Why do we need baby clothes?" I asked pointing to the clothes in the shopping cart. Lauren's cheeks reddened and she looked down.

"I- I-. The Latina stuttered.

"Hey calm down." I said calmly. I put my hand under her chin and made her look at me.

"Just tell me what's going on." She nodded, moved away from me and took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant." She said it so quickly and quietly that I almost didn't hear what she was saying. We stood in complete silence for a moment.

I couldn't believe Lauren was pregnant.

"You're pregnant?" I asked to make sure. 

The Latina nodded her head.

It was surprising news, but for some reason I felt happy and proud. I was happy and proud because Lauren was carrying my baby inside her.

"Really?"

"Yes."

I felt my eyes fill with tears. 

Tears of happiness.

"You're angry?" Lauren asked with a hint of uncertainty in her voice. Instead of answering her question, I took a step towards her and pulled her waist for a kiss. After a moment, she kissed back. "Does this answer your question?"

Lauren smiled and hugged me. I returned the hug.

People passing by probably wondered what it was all about. After all, it's a bit of an unusual situation when two women stand in the middle of a store with a cart full of food and baby clothes and hug.

"I'm really happy, Lo. Really." I whispered into her neck. 

The Cuban giggled. "Me too."

We moved away from each other. 

I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Come on, let's go home."